This was my first all inclusive experience. Based on what I had heard about other all inclusive properties I expected there to be hidden charges for all sorts of things. Not here... 24 hour room service, all 3 restaurants, pretty much any beverages... they even included a free 20 minute massage. It was great to not have to mentally track my spending.
There is a $10 USD pp entrance tax at the airport and a taxi out to Zoetry is pricey so bring cash - fyi the hotel charges 10% for cash advances charged to your room.
We thought the service all around was superb... everyone was always friendly and seemed generally eager to please. However, they really should add another beach bartender... its just too much space for one person to cover so we frequently waited a while in between drinks. Everyone seemed to be constantly working hard though. The rooms and grounds were immaculate.
Overall I thought it was a beautiful and uniquely designed property.... and I could not imagine a more relaxing vacation. Would definitely recommend Zoetry, with two caveats...
1) Food - I thought it was overall good... some amazing some so so... but by the end of day 6 I was getting sick of the menus. If you are lucky enough to be on a 2 week vacation you might want to split your stay between two resorts. I think Zoetry offers some sort of exchange program where you can dine at nearby resorts... we admittedly were just too lazy to look into it. It would be nice if they added daily specials to help introduce some variety.
2) Price - seems to fluctuate a lot. We got a package deal on Expedia and paid roughly $350 a night. At that price with the ALL inclusive it felt like a STEAL. However, in my browsing I have seen the same place quoted at over $1,000 a night. Of course everyone's idea of expensive is different... but the day I pay that much for a hotel room its gonna be an overwater bungalow in Tahiti. As beautiful as Zoetry was, and as great as the service was... I didn't think it was $1,000 a night great.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Hotel
- Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Agua Hotel Punta Cana
- Agua Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Limited to just 53 exclusive suites, their hardwood floors, cane-thatched roofs and natural stone accents harmonize with the lush, secluded oceanfront setting. Although a mere 24 miles from the Punta Cana International Airport, the spirit here is far, far removed from the hectic tempo of everyday living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Splendia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Zoetry Agua Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.