“Too many bugs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to your Saves list
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #7 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
farnborough
“Too many bugs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have just returned from Zoetry , reading the reviews we thought we had chosen well but it turned out to be a mistake . My husband had more than 250 mosquito bites and several others were suffering too. The hotel did start to fog the grounds but ti was too late . The food was a disappointment unless you like lobster and steak for every meal. The breakfast room had many flies in it and there was a general hit and miss affair with what we were offered to eat and drink.We were given a complimentry $250 meal but frankly , we only ate a tiny bit as it was prettty poor . Maybe the other resorts are better ? Expensive for such a basic holiday . Mainly American clients who have signed up to a sort of time share deal .

Room Tip: Take a ground floor room as the top floor ones were complaining of bugs and one couple had a rat in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guests:

We thank you for your comments and are truly sorry about the inconveniences you were subject to.

FYI - again, BTW -, we fumigate daily year-round; we just reinforced it when you were here...So, aside from the fact that insects are more attracted to certain types of people than to others i.e. nature, the rest of the said inconveniences really surprise us at this point in time…especially, as when our honorable patrons timely and sincerely converse with us during their stay - and even afterwards -, we are usually pretty much able to ultimately solve their issues, etc., in a mutually-satisfying manner...Please rest assured that our Menus & daily specials ensure a wide variety of food and that on top of it, we can even gladly prepare fish & chips !

Regarding price/quality, we respect your opinion, yet know our value is high, trust us...

Anyway…Thanks again, best regards and good luck !

1,160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We came here in October 2012 for a quick getaway. I wished we had stayed longer. We truly felt at times we were the only couple there. Only downside was alot of construction building a wooden walkway around the 2nd level of the hotel. Very loud. Spa was completely overpriced but the pools and water treatments were free and what a nice treat! 2 thumbs up overall :)

Room Tip: away from construction!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for share your comment with others.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we apologize for the inconvenience with the construction, and the Spa prices.

We look forward to welcome you back and show you our improvements after the walkway renovations.

Best regards!
Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry in February 2012 and had a lovely experience. We had a room on the first floor adjacent to a pool. The room was lovely and we enjoyed the patio area. We found the staff throughout the resort to be friendly and accommodating. We had one or two minor language mishaps but the staff were quick to address the errors. Aside from that the property was well kept and attentive to our needs.

I would recommend this location if you just want to get away and relax. It's not a spot where you can easily explore as the entire area is fenced in. You are able to take long walks along the beach which was quite nice.

We participated in several of their "event" type dinners and enjoyed all of them. Overall the food was good but as with any all inclusive by the end of the week the menu starts to repeat itself. Don't get me wrong the food was delicious and the presentations were lovely.

I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: While you might have a better view from the second floor I would caution that the walk way might be...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,

Thank you for this review, and for choosing Zoetry agua Punta Cana for your vacations.

We feel so glad knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us, and all the activities, including the dinners, restaurants and services.

We look forward to see you again very soon!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I checked in on October 21st hoping to receive the 5 star quality this property advertises. As soon as we checked in we changed clothes and went to the beach which was lovely. Upon returning to our room we found very small black bugs crawling all over the white sheets on the bed. I immediately called to the reception desk and tried to explain the situation. Let me start by saying there was a HUGE language barrier. Some of the personnel spoke English while most did not. Even those that were able to communicate in English were not able to communicate well. After speaking to a few different people and even showing housekeeping (who called to the front desk and verified the issue) they tried to tell me it was dirt falling from the celing of the room made out of straw. I assured them dirt did not crawl. It took me three trips down to the front desk and an abrupt conversation with the Manager (Jean??) for them to change my room and upgrade it to one with a ceiling made of concrete. After the room change NOBODY called or checked up on us to make sure we were okay or to see if there was anything we needed. The Manager of the Reception area acted like he could not be bothered and actuallly left for the day before the room change was even resolved. That is not the service I expected at all. On another low note, the pool was green and did not look clean. It was very run down.

On a brighter note, the food was better than your typical all inclusive and one of the staff named Juan "Pina" really went out of his way to make sure our lunch each day was to our liking and we were enjoying ourselves.

I would not stay at Zoetry Agua again and would not recommend this resort to any of my friends.

Dear Guests:

Thank you for your feedback - incl. mentions of your favorite Team-members -.

In terms of areas of improvement, for which we apologize for::

- even though we do fumigate daily and thoroughly, we are sorry you found insects on your bed; in the same manner, we maintain our pools, buy this time we must have been subject to an isolated incident, whcich we also apologize for;

- albeit all our staff take English lessons on-site several times per week, this remains a Spanish-speaking country; however, we are sorry you had issues communicating...

On the other hand, please rest assured that Jean-Carlos, as well as all other Team-members here, cares deeply and professionnally for each of our guests well-being.

Should you need any additional information, please contact us on Concierge.ZOAPC@ZoetryResorts.com .

In the meantime, we thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back to our wondrous paradise in the near future, as to give please give us a chance to show you our enhancements, etc.

Best regards,
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Zoetry is an amazingly beautiful place on the surface. Above that the people who work there make it EVEN more wonderful. We chose Zoetry for our honeymoon location and are 100% pleased that we did. It was small enough that on some days you felt you had the whole resort to yourself, it felt intimate and romantic and secluded (we took an outing to a nearby resort - Dreams, and boy oh boy did it make you want to RUN back to Zoetry; Dreams was loud and obnoxious in comparison and couldn't touch Zoetry's look or feel). The food was nearly always yummy and room service was delicious!
The staff - GREAT PEOPLE!
Diego - tended the bar in the lobby and made us SUPER tasty drinks, He could talk sports with my hubby and was just a great guy to sit and enjoy your drink speaking to. He kept me laughing and smiling and I ALWAYS walked away from the bar saying “I really like Diego!” He is a newer employee and, if I do say so myself, a great hire for Zoetry and they better hold onto him!
Juan Pina - (I liked to call him Pina Colada :) ) He was fantastic. Always helping us out. Set up a special lunch order Paella for us on our last day (which was so freaking good! HIGHLY recommend!) He was sweet and kind and made us feel like we had known him for years. He went out of his way to make us feel special and make our honeymoon that much more amazing.
Juan Carlo - Such a nice guy. We really got along with him SO well. He knew my hubby liked his Presidente Lights and kept our mini fridge stocked full with them. He also brought room service to us a multitude of times and it was always a pleasure to see him. In fact, I came to HOPE to would be Juan Carlo bringing us our breakfast! He is just THAT great to interact with and without him I know for fact our honeymoon would have been missing something.
Alejandra - Such a sweetheart. Kept us full of Miami Vice drinks at the beach and the pool, taught us some spanish slang and always seemed happy and ready to get us anything we wanted. Couldn't ask for a nicer woman to see beachside every day.
Last, but not least Gene - While we stayed, there was some renovation work occurring. The work happened to be directly outside of our room which was essentially the only unpleasant thing about our stay, especially because we loved our room so much and would not have wanted to relocate even if that were an option ( our room was the Junior Agua Suite at the end of the serpentine pool - it was also a stand alone so we felt like we had that much more privacy) My husband and I ended up speaking with Gene about the issue and after a couple instances Gene made it right. The regular manager of the hotel was out of town and, in our opinion, once Gene took matters into his own hands he did a phenominal job without the regular manager. He had work stopped outside of our room, got us the peace and tranquility we had anticipated and kept our honeymoon a completely positive experience.
All in all, we are SO glad we chose Zoetry. Not only for the amazingly beautiful location but for the beautiful people. One without the other wouldn't be half as good. There were so many friendly faces and I wish I could name everybody because the staff was just that wonderful.
We stayed for seven nights and eight days and if we could've stayed longer we would have. Heck if we could take our toddler son and live there we would!

Room Tip: Junior Agua suite, first floor room with direct access into the serpentine pool was lovely - ESPECIA...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Young,

Thank you for choosing Zoetry Agua for your vacation.

Thanks for your amazing comment regarding our professional Staff, and about the service and the entire property.

We will be glad to have you back in your home in Dominican Republic.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our honeymoon to Zoetry Aqua Punta Cana was absolutely perfect!! The resort is breathtakingly beautiful. Our room was always clean with fresh flowers. Every single staff member we met was kind and genuinely in a good mood. There were always willing to answer any question we had and help fulfill our needs. The food was excellent and the staff at the restaurants were very accommodating when my husband wanted to order 3 entrees for dinner. The beach was clean and the ocean was calm. There were just the right amount of activities throughout the day with a variety of new things to try. We are already planning to go back to Zoetry. We would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing, quite, resort with friendly staff in a beautiful location.

Room Tip: We chose the basic room which did not have a personal pool or an ocean view and were 100% satisfied...
Dear Guests,

Thank you for take the time to post this review.

We are very proud to know you had a perfect honeymoon in this sanctuary of peace and love!

Thanks for recommend our hotel, and we remain at your service!

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I very rarely go online to review a vacation spot, restaurant, or facility; however, our stay at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Resort warranted an "over the top" review.

My husband and I were so pleased that we chose this destination for our honeymoon. We were looking for a smaller resort that felt more secluded, but didn't affect the opportunities to explore. We found this and more at this resort. We were pleasantly surprised when greeted immediately from our bus with friendly smiles, a tour of the resort, and a refreshing tea. And to say that it just got better from there would be an understatement.

Everywhere that we went at the resort, we were met with enthusiastic staff, eager to assist us in whatever way possible. We ate at the 3 different restaurants, the Coco Cafe and ordered room service once - everything was yummy and promptly delivered. At this resort, you can choose whether or not you'd like a healthier option for food/beverage as well (which I really appreciated). The room service efficiently worked and cleaned our room everyday, 3 times a day and put flower petals nightly on the linens - which became running joke with my husband about nightly expectations.

The beaches were pristine and the infinity pool near the ocean will just melt any stress you may feel. There were lounge chairs with cushions at the beach covered with palm umbrellas, beach towels, and staff circulating through the beach/pool area asking if they could get us drinks/food.

There are many other things to enjoy on your trip, a complimentary 20-minute couples massage, any spa service you can imagine, a mini-bar that is stocked daily, wine pairing dinner, a Dominican feast on the beach, horse-back riding, kayaking, water aerobics, bingo, excursions which can be booked through the hotel, a game room, a charming cafe with pastries and coffee...All complimentary (with the exception of spa services and extra excursions)...

Or if you are looking for a more relaxed vacation, most excursions are off-site and the overall atmosphere is one that is truly peaceful. When we were there, there were almost exclusively couples and honeymooners.

A beautiful location for a honeymoon or an escape. My husband and I would certainly recommend this location to any of our friends, and hope to return one day.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have access to a pool which was very nice from the room which was very nice. There...
Dear Ms. Natalie,

Thank you for having choice Zoetry agua for your honeymoon.

We appreciate such positive comments about everything you experienced here.

This hotel will be always available to welcome you for your anniversary!

Our best regards!

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!