“Lovely Get Away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to your Saves list
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #8 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Glenview, Illinois
“Lovely Get Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry in February 2012 and had a lovely experience. We had a room on the first floor adjacent to a pool. The room was lovely and we enjoyed the patio area. We found the staff throughout the resort to be friendly and accommodating. We had one or two minor language mishaps but the staff were quick to address the errors. Aside from that the property was well kept and attentive to our needs.

I would recommend this location if you just want to get away and relax. It's not a spot where you can easily explore as the entire area is fenced in. You are able to take long walks along the beach which was quite nice.

We participated in several of their "event" type dinners and enjoyed all of them. Overall the food was good but as with any all inclusive by the end of the week the menu starts to repeat itself. Don't get me wrong the food was delicious and the presentations were lovely.

I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: While you might have a better view from the second floor I would caution that the walk way might be...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for this review, and for choosing Zoetry agua Punta Cana for your vacations.

We feel so glad knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us, and all the activities, including the dinners, restaurants and services.

We look forward to see you again very soon!

1,143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I checked in on October 21st hoping to receive the 5 star quality this property advertises. As soon as we checked in we changed clothes and went to the beach which was lovely. Upon returning to our room we found very small black bugs crawling all over the white sheets on the bed. I immediately called to the reception desk and tried to explain the situation. Let me start by saying there was a HUGE language barrier. Some of the personnel spoke English while most did not. Even those that were able to communicate in English were not able to communicate well. After speaking to a few different people and even showing housekeeping (who called to the front desk and verified the issue) they tried to tell me it was dirt falling from the celing of the room made out of straw. I assured them dirt did not crawl. It took me three trips down to the front desk and an abrupt conversation with the Manager (Jean??) for them to change my room and upgrade it to one with a ceiling made of concrete. After the room change NOBODY called or checked up on us to make sure we were okay or to see if there was anything we needed. The Manager of the Reception area acted like he could not be bothered and actuallly left for the day before the room change was even resolved. That is not the service I expected at all. On another low note, the pool was green and did not look clean. It was very run down.

On a brighter note, the food was better than your typical all inclusive and one of the staff named Juan "Pina" really went out of his way to make sure our lunch each day was to our liking and we were enjoying ourselves.

I would not stay at Zoetry Agua again and would not recommend this resort to any of my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guests:

Thank you for your feedback - incl. mentions of your favorite Team-members -.

In terms of areas of improvement, for which we apologize for::

- even though we do fumigate daily and thoroughly, we are sorry you found insects on your bed; in the same manner, we maintain our pools, buy this time we must have been subject to an isolated incident, whcich we also apologize for;

- albeit all our staff take English lessons on-site several times per week, this remains a Spanish-speaking country; however, we are sorry you had issues communicating...

On the other hand, please rest assured that Jean-Carlos, as well as all other Team-members here, cares deeply and professionnally for each of our guests well-being.

Should you need any additional information, please contact us on Concierge.ZOAPC@ZoetryResorts.com .

In the meantime, we thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back to our wondrous paradise in the near future, as to give please give us a chance to show you our enhancements, etc.

Best regards,
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Zoetry is an amazingly beautiful place on the surface. Above that the people who work there make it EVEN more wonderful. We chose Zoetry for our honeymoon location and are 100% pleased that we did. It was small enough that on some days you felt you had the whole resort to yourself, it felt intimate and romantic and secluded (we took an outing to a nearby resort - Dreams, and boy oh boy did it make you want to RUN back to Zoetry; Dreams was loud and obnoxious in comparison and couldn't touch Zoetry's look or feel). The food was nearly always yummy and room service was delicious!
The staff - GREAT PEOPLE!
Diego - tended the bar in the lobby and made us SUPER tasty drinks, He could talk sports with my hubby and was just a great guy to sit and enjoy your drink speaking to. He kept me laughing and smiling and I ALWAYS walked away from the bar saying “I really like Diego!” He is a newer employee and, if I do say so myself, a great hire for Zoetry and they better hold onto him!
Juan Pina - (I liked to call him Pina Colada :) ) He was fantastic. Always helping us out. Set up a special lunch order Paella for us on our last day (which was so freaking good! HIGHLY recommend!) He was sweet and kind and made us feel like we had known him for years. He went out of his way to make us feel special and make our honeymoon that much more amazing.
Juan Carlo - Such a nice guy. We really got along with him SO well. He knew my hubby liked his Presidente Lights and kept our mini fridge stocked full with them. He also brought room service to us a multitude of times and it was always a pleasure to see him. In fact, I came to HOPE to would be Juan Carlo bringing us our breakfast! He is just THAT great to interact with and without him I know for fact our honeymoon would have been missing something.
Alejandra - Such a sweetheart. Kept us full of Miami Vice drinks at the beach and the pool, taught us some spanish slang and always seemed happy and ready to get us anything we wanted. Couldn't ask for a nicer woman to see beachside every day.
Last, but not least Gene - While we stayed, there was some renovation work occurring. The work happened to be directly outside of our room which was essentially the only unpleasant thing about our stay, especially because we loved our room so much and would not have wanted to relocate even if that were an option ( our room was the Junior Agua Suite at the end of the serpentine pool - it was also a stand alone so we felt like we had that much more privacy) My husband and I ended up speaking with Gene about the issue and after a couple instances Gene made it right. The regular manager of the hotel was out of town and, in our opinion, once Gene took matters into his own hands he did a phenominal job without the regular manager. He had work stopped outside of our room, got us the peace and tranquility we had anticipated and kept our honeymoon a completely positive experience.
All in all, we are SO glad we chose Zoetry. Not only for the amazingly beautiful location but for the beautiful people. One without the other wouldn't be half as good. There were so many friendly faces and I wish I could name everybody because the staff was just that wonderful.
We stayed for seven nights and eight days and if we could've stayed longer we would have. Heck if we could take our toddler son and live there we would!

Room Tip: Junior Agua suite, first floor room with direct access into the serpentine pool was lovely - ESPECIA...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Young,

Thank you for choosing Zoetry Agua for your vacation.

Thanks for your amazing comment regarding our professional Staff, and about the service and the entire property.

We will be glad to have you back in your home in Dominican Republic.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our honeymoon to Zoetry Aqua Punta Cana was absolutely perfect!! The resort is breathtakingly beautiful. Our room was always clean with fresh flowers. Every single staff member we met was kind and genuinely in a good mood. There were always willing to answer any question we had and help fulfill our needs. The food was excellent and the staff at the restaurants were very accommodating when my husband wanted to order 3 entrees for dinner. The beach was clean and the ocean was calm. There were just the right amount of activities throughout the day with a variety of new things to try. We are already planning to go back to Zoetry. We would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing, quite, resort with friendly staff in a beautiful location.

Room Tip: We chose the basic room which did not have a personal pool or an ocean view and were 100% satisfied...
Dear Guests,

Thank you for take the time to post this review.

We are very proud to know you had a perfect honeymoon in this sanctuary of peace and love!

Thanks for recommend our hotel, and we remain at your service!

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I very rarely go online to review a vacation spot, restaurant, or facility; however, our stay at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Resort warranted an "over the top" review.

My husband and I were so pleased that we chose this destination for our honeymoon. We were looking for a smaller resort that felt more secluded, but didn't affect the opportunities to explore. We found this and more at this resort. We were pleasantly surprised when greeted immediately from our bus with friendly smiles, a tour of the resort, and a refreshing tea. And to say that it just got better from there would be an understatement.

Everywhere that we went at the resort, we were met with enthusiastic staff, eager to assist us in whatever way possible. We ate at the 3 different restaurants, the Coco Cafe and ordered room service once - everything was yummy and promptly delivered. At this resort, you can choose whether or not you'd like a healthier option for food/beverage as well (which I really appreciated). The room service efficiently worked and cleaned our room everyday, 3 times a day and put flower petals nightly on the linens - which became running joke with my husband about nightly expectations.

The beaches were pristine and the infinity pool near the ocean will just melt any stress you may feel. There were lounge chairs with cushions at the beach covered with palm umbrellas, beach towels, and staff circulating through the beach/pool area asking if they could get us drinks/food.

There are many other things to enjoy on your trip, a complimentary 20-minute couples massage, any spa service you can imagine, a mini-bar that is stocked daily, wine pairing dinner, a Dominican feast on the beach, horse-back riding, kayaking, water aerobics, bingo, excursions which can be booked through the hotel, a game room, a charming cafe with pastries and coffee...All complimentary (with the exception of spa services and extra excursions)...

Or if you are looking for a more relaxed vacation, most excursions are off-site and the overall atmosphere is one that is truly peaceful. When we were there, there were almost exclusively couples and honeymooners.

A beautiful location for a honeymoon or an escape. My husband and I would certainly recommend this location to any of our friends, and hope to return one day.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have access to a pool which was very nice from the room which was very nice. There...
Dear Ms. Natalie,

Thank you for having choice Zoetry agua for your honeymoon.

We appreciate such positive comments about everything you experienced here.

This hotel will be always available to welcome you for your anniversary!

Our best regards!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

First of all, I would say......Expect the best ~ you will not be disappointed.

From the very beginning when I discovered the Zoetry web-site, which lulls you in with its soothing spa music and images of complete serenity, I was treated as 'special' by Angela who arranged the original booking by email. She was so very helpful and personable that I felt welcomed way before we arrived.
Then Anny Kerry took over and did a great job continuing the unique service. I was so pleased to be able to meet her at the Wine Paring dinner and her lovely warm smile.

From the minute we were greeted at the airport and escorted to our helicopter (only available for a fee or free with certain beach front units) to the last ride back to the airport, I can say that we felt welcomed, special and treated with respect. On our return, an on-line survey asked if there was any one person who stood out and it speaks volumes for the resort that everyone was amazing.
I so enjoyed my chats (though short due to the language barrier) with Pablo on the beach every day; he always greeted us with a big smile or a wave to our balcony. He worked relentlessly to clear the seaweed.
The seaweed was not the obnoxious long slimy kind; it was the bright dry curly green kind that the waves brought in when the winds were in a specific direction. Otherwise, the beach was soft, clean and the swimming was wonderful. You just have to watch for the odd whitish coral that blends with the ocean floor.
I wish I had taken more pictures of all the staff who were so kind.
There were 2 Juan's who brought most of our breakfasts to our room; always polite and helpful and good at using our names when we saw them throughout the resort.

Ana Julia who cleaned our room was very sweet and did a wonderful job.

Francis was my 'yoga' instructor for 2 mornings did a good stretching routine. Mr Cheley did a very comprehensive yoga routine and is an enthusiastic person. He also organized bingo and water aerobics with the same enthusiasm.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fitness center for 6 mornings and I miss the wonderful view from the treadmill. The room and equipment were professional and in excellent condition.

Franklin was a most gracious host in the Indigo restaurant and always made us feel welcome.
Kirby was a skilled skipper when he took us out on the catamaran.

All the staff at the front desk were always friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

The spa staff are absolutely excellent. It is probably the best massage I have ever had.
There were special dinner events that we registered for and were truly enjoyable ~ the Captains Dinner and the Wine Paring. Alain, the manager, did a great job on the wine presentation and made the evening fun and quite informative.

The service and the meals, the rooms, the amenities ~ all first class.

I did not regret one peso reserving the Ocean Front Room; being on the beach from the minute we woke up to the minute we went to bed was completely worth it.

A very special personal thank you to Ambioris for the romantic dinner for two on our balcony and the special bottle of wine that he brought to our meal.

Ambioris also didn't forget the little things....like our sandwich on the way to the airport. Ambioris explained to us all the improvements that are on-going and planned for the future, like the rebuilding of all the walkways to make them safer and the replacement of the thatched roofs to make them waterproof.
The Zoetry staff is dedicated to providing excellence and aspire to maintain an attitude of 'Over the top' which is their catch phrase to 'how are you today'.

I have been to the 'massive' all-inclusives and they cannot compare to the distinction of this intimate resort.

I also chose this resort because of its smaller size. If you are looking for action and endless nightlife, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a 'wellness' kind of escape, you are in the right place. There is a fitness studio, yoga, water aerobics, horseback riding and riding the waves on the catamaran if you want to be busy, just to mention a few. For restoring your mind and body, you can enjoy the spa and the superb food always served with a flare. If you want nightlife on the quiet side, you can enjoy dancing lessons in the lobby.

We met some lovely people on our holiday. This is something that I found lacking at the larger resorts where it is too impersonal and almost impossible to meet anyone more than once.

There are only a few suggestions I would make to the prospective traveller.

I would very much recommend that you try to learn a little Spanish before you go; the level of English on the resort was commendable but I regretted not being able to reply in their own language more than the simple responses.

Regarding the horseback riding, I would suggest shoes, socks and long pants! I had the shoes, socks and capris but received a bad scrape on the inside of my calf from a broken stirrup which is taking a long time to heal. And take your own camera if you want a picture (theirs are very overpriced).

When I was viewing Trip Advisor before the trip, the walkways and the roofs were two of the 'negative' comments that were made. Knowing about the extensive improvement plans helps me when I am referring the resort to friends. I would only suggest that you ask if your room is adjacent to any on-going repairs as there may be some noise from the work that you might want to avoid.

Lastly, while it is an all-inclusive, I do recommend that you remember to tip for exceptional service; it is much appreciated by those in a country who do not enjoy the lifestyle that we are privileged to have and often take for granted.

The only 'off' comments I would make about our experience would be regarding the spraying for bugs and the sealer spray on the Indigo floor.

The first evening I went to lie down for few minutes and the balcony doors were wide open for that glorious breeze. However at the same time the fellows came by spraying for bugs and our room filled with the smokey pesticide. I understand that as an outsider we expect (unrealistically) no bugs and that is the price we pay. As a guest, I would just suggest that you ask about the times and locations for spraying the next day so as to avoid your rooms at that time or keep your doors closed.
The second was when they were spraying the Indigo floor. The finished product looked superb but the breeze the entire day brought the nauseous fumes to our room and put a damper on our last day. I know that repairs and painting have to be done but it would have been nice if that particular improvement was done when the units were empty. Mostly I found it frustrating because I knew they were trying to do it with the least inconvenience to their guests.

Zoetry is doing an outstanding job at creating a niche for a unique, intimate and personalized experience. Thank you for this memorable time.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms provide more privacy and beachfront rooms provide a view that are absolutely wort...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post this review, and for such positive comments about our hotel.

We want to thank you again for talking about your experience, activities, food, service, and for mention the Staff, who are more than happy to be at your service!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hats off to all those that write lengthy reviews. This is not one of those reviews. Just wanted to say a few things:
- This is a lovely resort for couples that want to get away from it all. It is an hour away from anything really, so it's probably not the ideal place for people who are into multiple excursions (not that there aren't excursions to be had). All the fellow guests we met were friendly and not at all stand-offish.
- The service is excellent and always with a smile. Whether you tipped or not (and let's face it, who can have a wad of singles every time), the service was exemplary. That said, the front desk is happy to change your $20 bills into singles, so spread the love.
- I personally loved the high peaked ceilings of the second floor rooms. So relaxing.
- From the Bulgari toiletries to the Gatorade in the fitness room, everything is top-notch and they've thought of little things to make guests lives that little bit better.
- The free long distance calls home is amazing. I love that the resort chose not to gouge people on phones. This is a testament to the philosophy of this wonderful resort.

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know you found in us the perfect escape for your vacations.

Thanks for share with others the privileges that every guest can get in this hotel.

We will be very happy having you back in a near future.

Best Regards!

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!