“Sept 30-Oct 7 2012 Suite 48” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

You added Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to your Saves list
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Sept 30-Oct 7 2012 Suite 48”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

First of all, I would say......Expect the best ~ you will not be disappointed.

From the very beginning when I discovered the Zoetry web-site, which lulls you in with its soothing spa music and images of complete serenity, I was treated as 'special' by Angela who arranged the original booking by email. She was so very helpful and personable that I felt welcomed way before we arrived.
Then Anny Kerry took over and did a great job continuing the unique service. I was so pleased to be able to meet her at the Wine Paring dinner and her lovely warm smile.

From the minute we were greeted at the airport and escorted to our helicopter (only available for a fee or free with certain beach front units) to the last ride back to the airport, I can say that we felt welcomed, special and treated with respect. On our return, an on-line survey asked if there was any one person who stood out and it speaks volumes for the resort that everyone was amazing.
I so enjoyed my chats (though short due to the language barrier) with Pablo on the beach every day; he always greeted us with a big smile or a wave to our balcony. He worked relentlessly to clear the seaweed.
The seaweed was not the obnoxious long slimy kind; it was the bright dry curly green kind that the waves brought in when the winds were in a specific direction. Otherwise, the beach was soft, clean and the swimming was wonderful. You just have to watch for the odd whitish coral that blends with the ocean floor.
I wish I had taken more pictures of all the staff who were so kind.
There were 2 Juan's who brought most of our breakfasts to our room; always polite and helpful and good at using our names when we saw them throughout the resort.

Ana Julia who cleaned our room was very sweet and did a wonderful job.

Francis was my 'yoga' instructor for 2 mornings did a good stretching routine. Mr Cheley did a very comprehensive yoga routine and is an enthusiastic person. He also organized bingo and water aerobics with the same enthusiasm.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fitness center for 6 mornings and I miss the wonderful view from the treadmill. The room and equipment were professional and in excellent condition.

Franklin was a most gracious host in the Indigo restaurant and always made us feel welcome.
Kirby was a skilled skipper when he took us out on the catamaran.

All the staff at the front desk were always friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

The spa staff are absolutely excellent. It is probably the best massage I have ever had.
There were special dinner events that we registered for and were truly enjoyable ~ the Captains Dinner and the Wine Paring. Alain, the manager, did a great job on the wine presentation and made the evening fun and quite informative.

The service and the meals, the rooms, the amenities ~ all first class.

I did not regret one peso reserving the Ocean Front Room; being on the beach from the minute we woke up to the minute we went to bed was completely worth it.

A very special personal thank you to Ambioris for the romantic dinner for two on our balcony and the special bottle of wine that he brought to our meal.

Ambioris also didn't forget the little things....like our sandwich on the way to the airport. Ambioris explained to us all the improvements that are on-going and planned for the future, like the rebuilding of all the walkways to make them safer and the replacement of the thatched roofs to make them waterproof.
The Zoetry staff is dedicated to providing excellence and aspire to maintain an attitude of 'Over the top' which is their catch phrase to 'how are you today'.

I have been to the 'massive' all-inclusives and they cannot compare to the distinction of this intimate resort.

I also chose this resort because of its smaller size. If you are looking for action and endless nightlife, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a 'wellness' kind of escape, you are in the right place. There is a fitness studio, yoga, water aerobics, horseback riding and riding the waves on the catamaran if you want to be busy, just to mention a few. For restoring your mind and body, you can enjoy the spa and the superb food always served with a flare. If you want nightlife on the quiet side, you can enjoy dancing lessons in the lobby.

We met some lovely people on our holiday. This is something that I found lacking at the larger resorts where it is too impersonal and almost impossible to meet anyone more than once.

There are only a few suggestions I would make to the prospective traveller.

I would very much recommend that you try to learn a little Spanish before you go; the level of English on the resort was commendable but I regretted not being able to reply in their own language more than the simple responses.

Regarding the horseback riding, I would suggest shoes, socks and long pants! I had the shoes, socks and capris but received a bad scrape on the inside of my calf from a broken stirrup which is taking a long time to heal. And take your own camera if you want a picture (theirs are very overpriced).

When I was viewing Trip Advisor before the trip, the walkways and the roofs were two of the 'negative' comments that were made. Knowing about the extensive improvement plans helps me when I am referring the resort to friends. I would only suggest that you ask if your room is adjacent to any on-going repairs as there may be some noise from the work that you might want to avoid.

Lastly, while it is an all-inclusive, I do recommend that you remember to tip for exceptional service; it is much appreciated by those in a country who do not enjoy the lifestyle that we are privileged to have and often take for granted.

The only 'off' comments I would make about our experience would be regarding the spraying for bugs and the sealer spray on the Indigo floor.

The first evening I went to lie down for few minutes and the balcony doors were wide open for that glorious breeze. However at the same time the fellows came by spraying for bugs and our room filled with the smokey pesticide. I understand that as an outsider we expect (unrealistically) no bugs and that is the price we pay. As a guest, I would just suggest that you ask about the times and locations for spraying the next day so as to avoid your rooms at that time or keep your doors closed.
The second was when they were spraying the Indigo floor. The finished product looked superb but the breeze the entire day brought the nauseous fumes to our room and put a damper on our last day. I know that repairs and painting have to be done but it would have been nice if that particular improvement was done when the units were empty. Mostly I found it frustrating because I knew they were trying to do it with the least inconvenience to their guests.

Zoetry is doing an outstanding job at creating a niche for a unique, intimate and personalized experience. Thank you for this memorable time.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms provide more privacy and beachfront rooms provide a view that are absolutely wort...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post this review, and for such positive comments about our hotel.

We want to thank you again for talking about your experience, activities, food, service, and for mention the Staff, who are more than happy to be at your service!

Best Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Polish first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hats off to all those that write lengthy reviews. This is not one of those reviews. Just wanted to say a few things:
- This is a lovely resort for couples that want to get away from it all. It is an hour away from anything really, so it's probably not the ideal place for people who are into multiple excursions (not that there aren't excursions to be had). All the fellow guests we met were friendly and not at all stand-offish.
- The service is excellent and always with a smile. Whether you tipped or not (and let's face it, who can have a wad of singles every time), the service was exemplary. That said, the front desk is happy to change your $20 bills into singles, so spread the love.
- I personally loved the high peaked ceilings of the second floor rooms. So relaxing.
- From the Bulgari toiletries to the Gatorade in the fitness room, everything is top-notch and they've thought of little things to make guests lives that little bit better.
- The free long distance calls home is amazing. I love that the resort chose not to gouge people on phones. This is a testament to the philosophy of this wonderful resort.

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know you found in us the perfect escape for your vacations.

Thanks for share with others the privileges that every guest can get in this hotel.

We will be very happy having you back in a near future.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

On my first morning at Zoetry Agua, I walked the long stretch of beautiful, very soft sand (that never reached the scorching temperatures of Mexican beaches) and explored the resort grounds the size of which made me believe that this place houses a very large hotel. It does not. There are only 51 rooms (with plans to build an additional 45). Zoetry Agua is a boutique resort that is spread over several acres. The luxury comes from every aspect of this amazing place: the service, the food, the rooms – public and private, the amenities, and simply, the feel of the place. It is elegant, beautiful, and so relaxing !!
Rooms are spacious and tastefully laid out with very large, opulent, and open bathrooms. While room service is available 24 hours, there are three restaurants to choose amongst for your dining pleasure allowing you to choose from inside or outside dining, and eating in a very casual or less casual environment. Attentive service accompanies delicious food making dining a lovely experience regardless of the time of day. A duo of English cousins so enjoyed their full days that they rarely ate lunch before 3:00 pm. I sometimes had my lunch on the beach as I did not want to move from my much too comfortable spot. No problem at Agua! Every other evening, Agua seems to offer an alternative to regular dining. We experienced a delicious and fun wine and food pairing dinner in the beautiful Amaya. The beach barbeque was great fun and many guests stayed to talk late into the evening.
The staff bends over backwards to ensure all guests are happy and comfortable. They take the time and go to the trouble to fix whatever you need: removing all the booze from the mini-bar and replacing it with sparkling water to arranging private horse back riding on the beach at a very reasonable price. A request once made for extra wash clothes meant extra wash clothes every day. Service is very personalized with many staff members learning and remembering your name early on. Agua employs two activities directors, the same number many resorts with several hundred rooms employ.
Agua calls their all-inclusive “Endless Privileges”. It truly takes the monetary concern out of every aspect of a tropical vacation. No need to pinch pennies, you will more than get your monies worth here. Perks include endless international calling so you can still reach out to loved ones (without those ridiculous roaming charges), all drinks regardless of ingredients, laundry services, and a 20 minute massage per person per visit. The list goes on.
Activities include rides on the hobie cats, fishing, snorkeling, diving if you choose to go that route, though I am not sure this part of the DR is greatly suited for that. What Agua does not have, they will gladly arrange for you. My same English friends wanted a real tour of the island – schools, housing, plantations, the works. The concierge arranged the day for them and they found it very interesting. I was much too content to leave the beach for a whole day. Next visit….
When you wish to break from the sun, there is the long and winding resort pool to play in or cool off in – just don’t swim under the pedestrian bridge! Head to the sauna, Jacuzzi or steam room for more relaxation out of the sun before cleaning up for dinner. The charming Coco Café will tempt you with pastries, chocolates, and a very air-conditioned room late in the afternoon. Guests enjoy the open air lobby, especially after dinner. I found the musicians to be outstanding and I stopped my conversations to listen with pure bliss.
What stands out about Agua and what makes it such a relaxing, beautiful resort is the ambience. As I wondered aimlessly around, it became quite clear that if you want to be alone with your book, your thoughts, or your significant other – no problem. If you seek conversation, you will easily find it with an interesting guest from the US, Canada, Europe, or even South America. Most mornings, my cousin and I walked south approximately 1 ½ miles to the next resort. It was one of those with 300 plus rooms. We headed to the beach restaurant and ordered lemonade. The volume of the music reminded me of so many downtown bars. I could barely hear my cousin and this was before lunch.
The quiet and sophistication of Zoetry Agua is restorative and wonderful. If you need the noise and bustle of a Club Med, then this resort is likely not for you. But for those of us who can function with our own thoughts and find peace with ourselves, Agua proved to be the perfect fit.
It was the most relaxing vacation I have taken in years. Is this not what a vacation is all about?

Room Tip: If you frequent your room during the day, ask for a ground level room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ms. Kathryn,

We thank you for choosing this luxury paradise for your vacation.

We are very glad knowing that your stay here was relaxing, and you enjoyed everything here.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon!
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Zoetry Agua is a lovely place to couples. tranquility and beautiful place. the services was over the top. the Spa is wonderful and very relaxing. the size of the resorts was jus right for us. the food was excellent and very delicious. the cheef Mr. Jimenez was very attentive and courteous and all the staff, Yajaira, Yajaida, Polanco, Juan Francisco, etc. Mr. Alain, the manager was very attentive too.We really recommend these hotel.Date Sept. 22-24, 2012.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guests,

thank you for having visit us, and thanks again for taking part of your time to share this review with others.

Was very nice to have you here, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My new husband and I only had a few days to enjoy a honeymoon after our wedding in the Florida Keys, because I had just started a new job earlier this year and did not have that much time off. We decided to head to the DR since my husband has been to Punta Cana several times for work and loved it. It is also a really quick flight from Miami where we live.
We had a wonderful experience for the few days we stayed. From the minor details like a bottle of DR rum and fruit plate waiting for us in the room and champagne service every night if desired to the wonderful and friendly staff and even the complimentary bottle of bug spray for the mosquitoes, every thing was perfect. When we ordered food for room service, it came in less than 20 minutes and if we ever needed anything, we would call and the service was very prompt.
We partook in excellent massages at the Spa and enjoyed the pools, ocean, and free horseback riding. Basically, we didn't even have to think on our vacation, which is exactly what we needed after a whirlwind wedding.
It was so nice to relax in peace after all of the hustle and bustle. Every mosquito bite was worth it at Zoetry.
Thank you for a memorable stay!
Best,
Jen and Justin

Dear Valued Guests,

We are grateful for be chosen for you, for your honeymoon trip, and we are proud to know that you enjoyed.

Thank you so much for this beautiful and valuable comment.

Looking forward welcoming you back soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at Zoetry Agua from Oct.12-20 and selected this resort based on the reviews on Trip Advisor.
We were really looking forward to adding to the fantastic reviews but at the end our experience was not so over the top.

Starting with the positives. The staff reviews are 100% accurate. Over the top as they say and the main reason we were able to make the best of our stay. Juaquin and Benjamin at the bar are great. David, Juan Antonio, Pina, Flor and all the men and women that make up the restaurant staff always made sure we were happy and full and our drinks never empty. Francis and the late addition of Felix in the entertainment department were so personalable and really did their best to keep us entertained. All the room service guys were also great and were always smiling, even after hauling those heavy trays on their heads, often times drenched in sweat when they arrived. The food was definitely very delicious and the menu was considerate for healthy eating. We especially enjoyed the Indigo and room service menus. This sums up the best part of our stay and give this 5*'s.

Unfortunately we encountered a few inconveniences and were really bummed when writing this review that we couldn't offer a better rating no matter how hard we tried to justify it. Our first disappointment occured at arrival. After booking, we contacted the hotel via email asking whether citronella candles were provided because we both are pretty prone to getting bit. We received prompt reply that it would be made available which was great! Sadly at arrival we learned not only did they not provide it, it wasn't for sale anywhere. We would have gladly brought our own if we knew in advance, so we ended up getting eaten alive and did not sleep very comfortably after night 2. Our 2 disappointment was that the pool outside our room (#32) was not pleasant to look at, let alone swim in. There was a lot of debris from either the ongoing maintenance or construction and algae build up that made swimming or even stepping in it out of the question. For 5 days we watched it simmer in its contents until they started cleaning it day 6 which lasted til day 7. We left never enjoying the pool at our footstep. Our 3rd minor issue was a leak in our roof. We've stayed in the Dominican before and actual enjoy listening to the rolling rain and thunder that passes by frequently, but not so much when our roof was leaking directly above the TV and DVD player (which didnt work). After we reported the issue which was 3rd night, we were promised the leak would be repaired the next day. It was never fixed and we never received any follow up regarding the issue. We aren't types to make a big fuss and ruin our trip, so we grabbed a couple of extra beach towels every day and layed them on the floor to absorb the water and dripping noise for the remainder of our stay. Day 5 we took advantage of the complimentary 20 min massages and my wife added a 50 min honey exfoliation/scrub to her massage. When we met up afterwards, I learned she didn't get the massage and was told it was "combined" with her 50 min scrub. No complaint since it was complimentary but disappointing for her. My massage was excellent. Up until this point we would have overlooked the issues and still offer a 5* rating, but the next one really ruined it for us. My wife hung her favorite leather jacket in the closet on the first day and of course never had to touch it until we left back home to the cold. To our suprise, it wasn't there when we were packing on our final night. We searched under, over, behind and checked every angle we could with no luck. We did take advantage of the laundry service, which is a very detailed system of filling out forms so we know it did not go through laundry. To this day, we want to give the benefit of the doubt and believe that it was misplaced, but its hard to. We had a 22 hour travel back home with layovers in New Jersey and Chicago where it was jacket weather and we ended up having to go into Manhattan during our layover to get her a jacket. We filed a report at check out and were told we would hear from them right after they perform an immediate internal investigation. We have yet to hear back from any of our reported issues. We had read a few reviews about theft, but really thought those guests were just extremely unlucky.

Despite these hiccups, we made the best of our time by enjoying each others company and the warmth and hospitality of the wait and bar staff. A few tips: OFF repellent is available, but bring other forms is you are sensitive to bites. A misquito net for the bed wouldve been great. The ocean in front of the beach is nice, but the reef is quite close. The beach on either side of the property offers much better ocean swimming if thats what youre into. We spent most of our time on the right side, but later learned from an aerial photo that the left side offers great swimming too.

Don't let our experience deter anyone from going here as we know there is lots of potential for a great time to be had here. Experiences may vary.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Guests:

We really thank you for your objective feedback - especially, for naming the team-members that stood-out for you over your appreciated stay with us -.

Concerning the issues you righfully raise, please find our respective comments, as follows:

- The lack of citronella candles was our definite mistake and we already have taken the necessary measures to avoid such an inconvenience from happening again; particularly since we usually have these items on-site;

- We clean our pool several times daily; yet, the bad weather has indeed played a factor over the past couple of weeks; still, we of course are sorry and thus have addressed this topic with our staff, as we want to better our attention & execution, accordingly;

- Our natural thatched roofs are being redone and we are very sorry in this case too, that you had to endure problems with the leak you mention, through the rainy days...;

In terms of the leather jacket, we were unable to find it; so at your earliest convenience, please contact us on Concierge.ZOAPC@ZoetryResorts.com , as to gladly work something out jointly in consequence.

In the meantime, we thank you again and look forward to getting the chance to welcome you once more to our wondrous paradise in the near future.

Best regards,
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I just wanted to leave a short review on my stay at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. My wife and I recently stayed at Zoetry, Punta Cana from October 13-18. It was my wifes first time in the D.R but I had been there several times. We choose Zoetry due to all the great reviews we read here on Tripadviser. I was a little concerned by some of the bad reviews but we were very pleased we decided to stay there. My wife and I have traveled quite a bittle and when traveling with her we tend to stay at 4 or 5 star resorts (Ritzs, Waldorf Astoria, W). We also really enjoy the All-Inclusive resorts due to the convience (Sandals).
First off we were traveling with our 8 month old child which was a first for us. The Zoetry is a very secluded Resort and about a 30 minute drive from the airport. When we arrived we were greeted with scented cool towels and cold lemon water. The Zoetry has no check in or check out time so we were shown the property and are room was already available. The suite we stayed in was very clean, and had plenty of space and a great rain fall shower and huge tube (with Bvlgari shower gel and soaps). We had a patio and swim up pool with our room which was beautiful.
The restaurants were great!!! There are 3 restaurants at the resort (Olena, Amaya, & Indigio) all are great but eat at the Olena for dinner it's wonderful. They also have 24 hour room service, free laundry service, free local and long distance calling. We had no problem with room service during are stay and it food was always warm. Don't be afraid to ask for things not on the menu also. We didn't really drink alot but what we had at the bars was very good.
They are a very health conscious resort so most of the daily activities are geared around fitness.
Finally the staff was great very accomadating and as they say 'Over the Top". I'd like to thank Aileen the Manager, David the manager of the Amaya restaurant, last but not least Eddie the event coordinator.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our swim out suite. Remember to bring bug spray for the evening. Also there is an extra c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Marcus & Ms. Alicia,

Greetings from your home in Dominican Republic!

We are very happy to see your review, and how you posted your great experience with us.

Was a honor to have you here, and we will be very happy to see you back in this Santuary of happiness!

Our Best Regards!

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!