“Family vacations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to your Saves list
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #7 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Family vacations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Zoetry agua punta cana is a paradise and my entire family was spoiled since the moment we landed in Punta Cana Airport. We had a great and relaxed time, service was great all around. The idea was to have a private and relaxed vacation with my family, The room service was excellent, La Maya was our favorite restaurant. We ate there twice. Great atmosphere. Great food.
We had a 2 bedroom villa . It was quite heavenly. Beds are great. Bathrooms are luxurious. Be sure to use the bath gel, etc.... that they provide. Great products!!!
good care and service were outstanding Oscar Polanco and ambioris Zorrilla top class. Thank you very much!!!
I will definitely book at this resort again. My family had a great time.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are very quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for share your comments about our magnificent hotel, with other people.

Thanks for make us part of your great family vacations; all our staff are more than happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here.

We look forward welcoming you soon!

1,145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This will be brief because I just spent a long time writing a detailed review about all of the great things Zoetry offers, and lost it from lousy internet connection. This is what you need to know...my husband and I spent our honeymoon at Zoetry for 7 nights in June and had the time of our lives! Food, service, grounds, beach, room, activities, etc. were all first class. I cannot say enough good things about the resort and its staff. This was our first stay at an all-inclusive resort. Anywhere else we go in the future will have high expectations to live up to!

Edward, Rosalia, Juan Antonio, Ramon, Alex, Chelly, and Alain the manager, just to name a few, were wonderful!! Thank you for making this an unforgettable experience.

If you want a fast-paced vacation and lots of nightlife, look elsewhere. Zoetry is the place to be if you want a small, tranquil, quiet, and relaxing vacation. Truly a pampering getaway! We can't wait to return for an anniversary trip!

Room Tip: Garden view rooms in the middle of the property are wonderful...short walking distance to everything...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for take the part of your valuable time to write this comment.

Also Thanks for allows us be part of your Fabulous Honeymoon!
Is more than a pleasure for our staff work out to make that possible.

We are looking Forward welcoming you for your anniversary.

Rock Hill, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 glorious days here from July 30 - August 4. We had an ocean front room with plunge pool. There are no words to describe the serenity and beauty of this place. EVERYTHING was great - view, accommodations, beach, beach wait staff, pool, plunge pool, food. But the most amazing thing about this reosrt is the people who work here. From the time we stepped onto the property until the time we left, they all remembered us by name and could not have been more helpful. A few in particular were Christian, Juan, Juna Antonio, Juna Pinciro, Jorje, Anny, Ramone, Carlos - I know I have left someone out and I am sorry. I would name everyone there if I could. We had a special dinner on the beach one night and it was absolutely wonderful - a special thank you to Eduardo!!! He really made our evening special. Some reviews complained about mosquitos. Use your bug spray and you won't be bothered by them. The resort is almost an hour from the airport, but I found the drive quite interesting and it went by fast. I would go back here tomorrow if I could!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
AlainBERTHELOT, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guests,

We are really happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

All the Staff wants to thank you for such positive and sweet comment about them.

Our Door will be open every single day for you.

We look forward welcoming you once again and again.....

Warmest Regards!
Godfrey, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I visited in july. We are used to much faster pace vacatoins. Not disappointed with this much slower pace . The resort is beautiful . Im not sure what i loved the most about Zoetry,the food or the people. Could not have been treated better by this staff. Very big shout out to my main man Chelly. Not going to leave out Juan,Rosilita, Fernando. Met several couples from around the country that were awsome to add to the good memories. We will be back. Areeba Abahoo acentro

Dear Guests,

Is our pleasure serve to our guests, and make your experience with us, so pleasant.

Thanks for your comments, and for mention some the professional staff that we have working every day long to make possible our guests dreams in our beatifull santuary of peace.

To answer your own question regarding what you love more: food , or people; I'm sure you love more the people, the same people who will wait for your next visit to your second home Zoetry Agua Punta Cana.

Warm Regards!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at Zoetry for 5 days and 4 nights in mid July as part of a wedding. I would like to preface this review by saying that my nightly rate for this hotel was $275. There are hundreds of resorts in Punta Cana and at this rate I expect above and beyond service. When we arrived we were told that we didn't have a room (after a long trip from the airport) because there was no checkout time. We went to eat and two hours later and two trips back to the lobby, the room was still being cleaned. We asked that we be let into the room to change into our bathing suits and we were told that it was impossible. We had to have our luggage taken to a friend's room and were able to change there. Had we not been there with other people we knew we would've waited another two hours to get a room.

The room (when we finally got it) was very nice and clean (which one would expect after a four hour wait). It had a spacious balcony and bathroom with a jacuzzi and separate room with toilet and bidet. The bed was very comfortable and there was a very generously stocked mini fridge. Basically the room did not disappoint. We did not have a bug problem until the last day that I saw a roach walk across the bed and an unidentifiable flapping bug was flying across the room. I definitely understand that because of location and surroundings this would be an issue, however the hotel should do more to control this.

The food was very good compared to other all inclusives I've stayed in. The majority of the staff is super friendly and willing to bend over backwards to accommodate everyone. We were a big group and there was mention by a reviewer that we were locals or (gasp) related to the staff.... The reality is that we were good tippers! First I don't think that the staff's family could afford the prices in the resort and we just realize that even thought it is an all inclusive these people are working for hours in the heat with a smile and good service begets compensation. I didn't see a major problem with the pools or the beach, I thought both were well maintained. I didn't see any dirt In the pool besides leaves and that's not the end of the world, at least to me.

The wedding was ruined because the resort did not fumigate the grounds and we were swarmed by mosquitoes. I would hope the hotel implements a plan for situations like this going forward.

It did feel that the staff was not too open to criticism and when confronted with complaints they would offer bandaid solutions, if that even, instead of solving the problem.
All in all I had a good experience and enjoyed my time but don't think that I would recommend the hotel at the price. At the price I paid I am expecting more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Thank you for comment your group experience, for your review regarding everything you experimented, especially about the staff,food, and everything else.

Our staff make their best every single day, with and without tip; we never ask for...., if some guest wants to tips employees, is because they want to do it.

We sorry for the bad things during your stay, and we would like to have the change to welcoming you back and show our developments.

Zoetry Family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed for a week at the end of June. The weather was amazing and everyone there is super friendly. We got picked up from the airport and brought to the hotel (45 minute car ride). Once there there is no waiting, you come in give your conformation and the room is ready for you along with a drink at check in.

Our room was AMAZING!! We had the CARIBE suite, which has a private garden pool and an outdoor shower. Everything was clean, well maintained and ready. You have to ask to refill your minibar, because if you don't, they only refill your water. Not a big deal. Room service was great, order was always correct and on time. The restaurants were delicious. All the drinks were great, and you can ask them to make them strong if you want.
All the workers were fantastic. I speak Spanish so it was easy to understand, but my husband doesn't speak Spanish and he was able to get navigate great.

A lot of people complain about the mosquitos, but you're in the tropics!! There will always be some, and the hotel has repellent for you in the room. Now, because we had the outdoor shower we did have more Mosquitos than other rooms, so if your allergic just don't get the caribe suite. :)

Overall fantastic service. Activities in the water were great, the horseback riding was fun, and the dance lessons in the lobby bar super entertaining. Always something to do in the day. The activities director Chelly was the BEST. Awesome guy.

The ONLY issue we had was that they drained our private pool the 2 days before we left and the water came in green. We called the front desk but they didn't really send anyone over. :/

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guests,

Greeting from Zoetry Family

Your review is very appreciated, thanks for take part of your time to write this comment and for share your experience with other.

Thanks for talk about your room, food, services and all the important points and people, who made possible your amazing honeymoon.

We would like to have the opportunity of welcoming you back for your anniversary.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

There are so many all inclusive resorts out there. So, when my fiance and I began our search for the the perfect honeymoon destination, we went through a ton of websites before a travel agent friend suggested Zoetry. As one of the smallest resorts (only 50 rooms) we did not know what to expect, but the pictures and amenities were promising so we took a leap of faith...and we were rewarded! I now refer to this place as "where they invented the honeymoon". The secluded oceanfront room we were upgraded to upon arrival, the cool ginger infused towels we were greeted with, the amazing staff who genuinely want nothing but to make your stay memorable, the gorgeous views, the amazing food! I could go on and on. But I would be missing a huge part of the experience if I didn't mention CHELY!!! The activities director is fantastic! He gets everyone involved in activities all day long that bring couples together, and make the experience even more of a blast. Whether he is telling you to "move your business" during water aerobics:)) or teaching you the Dominican cheers to taking a Mama Juana shot, he is so much fun and such a great guy! So many other resorts have more of a honeymoon 'spring break' feel and to each his own. But if you are looking for an authentic, beautiful, secluded, true escape with your new husband or wife where you will meet other couples, have a blast and still enjoy privacy and an amazing staff (shout out to Rosalia, Yahiada, Juan, Joaquin, Neilson, Lucas, Jean, Miguel and the whole staff) you should go Zoetry all the way. I mean, how many other couples come back from their honeymoon knowing that many of the staff members? They are that good! My husband wanted some coconut milk one day, so a guy literally ran up a coconut tree, cut one down, hacked off the top, put a straw in it and Rosalia handed it to him...I mean, what?! Amazing. Go Zoetry, you'll love it and if you don't, contact me and my husband and I will be glad to enjoy the rest of your stay and all the lobster pizza we can eat:) Thank you Zoetry!

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are amazing. We had previously chosen a swim out suite, which still would have...
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your excellent review.

We appreciate your comments about our magnificent employees, service, and about the all property.

Thanks for allows us be part of your fantastic Honeymoon.

We are looking forward be part of your Anniversary vacation!

Our Best Regards!

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!