“Week well spent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Club at Grand Paradise Bavaro

You added The Club at Grand Paradise Bavaro to your Saves list
The Club at Grand Paradise Bavaro
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Arena Gorda | Macao, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #79 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Week well spent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I took a trip down here with a lot of my family. They have plenty of activities to sign up for as well as some you can just join in. My cousin and I spent every day playing beach volleyball with a bunch of people and made a lot of friends. The water is fantastic and the rooms were beautiful. The entire layout of the resort is beautiful! I would love to go back here at some point.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel was a waste of time and money. The staff if terrible even though I spoke spanish the staff was extremely rude to us through out our whole stay. Our first night the airco didnt work and I had to beg to change rooms. This dude came to check the airco and basically did nothing to fix it. Finally it came to around 3am and the manager put us in a different room. That room was ok, nothing special. The food was terrible, I've had dominican cuisine before but nothing like this. Food was disgusting!!! The pools were also quite dirty. I would never recommend this hotel. I dont think I will ever return to the Dominican Republic after this horrible experience. STAY AWAYYYY!!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The service in this resort was poor. Very poor, until they realized my boyfriend spoke Spanish. Then the employees were your best friends. We witnessed them treat other visitors terribly though - and heard them say disgusting things about everyone. The bartenders were seen getting wasted every day (except for a very select few), and the drinks were disgusting. A good example was when I ordered a rum and coke. It was a bit too strong, so I asked for more coke. The bartender then took a huge shot and poured sprite in my drink, saying "same result anyway." They were constantly running out of rum and/or vodka, and proceeded to make every drink with GIN. About 2 to 3 days of our trip they had high school interns come and stay at the resort, working as your servers and bartenders. none spoke English, nor knew how to set a table let alone make a drink. It was a mess. then they were practically having sex in the pools and yelling and screaming. not to mention cussing off all the tourists. The music beside the pool was all in Spanish, which would have been fine is 90% of them didn't include the sex sounds of a woman screaming and moaning. There were no pool side activities at all. so it got pretty dull at times. A perk was when a lady there let me plug in my phone to play music for the pool (which she only did because she became friends with my boyfriend and I. everyone else that asked she shot them down). The tourists loved it, and when they found out we were leaving and taking the music with us, they begged us to make copies for the staff there. The food was terrible. Beyond terrible. I preferred not to eat after trying a bite of each item every day. If you missed the buffet, you were out of luck for another 4 hours til dinner. The seafood a la carte we ate at we waited over an hour between our appetizer and main course. The steakhouse a la carte I got my steak BLUE. I nearly vomited on the table. The pool was very dirty... The club played nothing but Russian or Spanish music, so if that's your taste then by all means. The shows we went to were over all very funny and a good treat. Specifically, the staff members that were overall very nice to us and others were Pedro and Osiris. They were exceptional. I heard that they were undergoing construction Let's hope the new and improved version is more than just for your eyes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We came to Grand Paradise Bavaro as a group of 7. The beach and the sea was probably one of the best in Punta Cana. The food was okay, we mainly ate rice, pizza, omelettes, and fries. The pool was is fairly good but not top notch. Rooms were clean.
We really liked the location since it was close to Hard Rock and we could go to the Oro club at there.

My friend got extremely drunk one night, and doctor of the hotel helped us brilliantly. She didn't even had a hangover.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Piestany, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

In this hotel we spent New Year's Eve 2009. It was a lovely holiday. New Year's Eve on a beautiful beach under palm trees with pompous fireworks and champagne streams :-) Rooms were clean and spacious (but we recommend rooms of the Club - new redesigned rooms) on the beach while further-safe train goes there. But all I neriešilaže is also because of the beach walk to the beach and back is beautiful magical path surrounded by beautiful nature :-) I do Club Hotel is beautiful. Bar which is outside looks exotic-it's a big ship. Surely there is more beautiful than the beach section. Food was excellent :-) Everyone there his. All inclusive program is great there. The staff is polite and helpful. On the long beach you can walk endlessly long walks and can be clarified in large waves in rough but beautifully clean and warm sea. Punta Cana and this hotel is in the district where the Caribbean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean. The water should be 28-29 degrees. It was amazingly hot. We had almost all trips. It was an awesome experience! I would like to go back there again!
I highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Portugal Cove, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My second time visiting this resort, service has definitely gone downhill in the past three years. Food was delicious, Sunwing rep, Louise, was a great help. The highlight of the trip was the time spent in the sport's bar with bartender Simone. We spent hours each day talking to him and learning the way of life of the Dominican people. If i ever return, i hope he is still working there, he made my trip an unforgettable one.

Room Tip: Avoid any room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Jerome, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This place is ffering excellent food, the beach is just awesome. The place itself is great but there is no pool bar at the club. You have to go to the Grand paradise section. Animation is great but nothing special. When they say "casino" we talk about a few slot machine.. not more than 10.... Would go back but not for the price they ask. I think it is exagerated.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Club at Grand Paradise Bavaro? Share your experiences!