“Jesse Perez is the Best!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Barcelo Punta Cana to your Saves list
Barcelo Punta Cana
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Arena Gorda Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #66 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“Jesse Perez is the Best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had a really good time in the hotel, and specially with this really cool guy named Jesse Perez, his a pretty cool guy, and he knows how to entertain people, and I will love to make another vacation to this hotel because of the quality, the cleanliness and this special employee Jesse Perez. Good Work Guys!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

3,566 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Polish first
Bronx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

When I got to the hotel they couldnt find my reservation(I met if i slipped $5 they would have). As I have read I had to go eat before I was given the key to the room which was not updated and spelled like poop for three days bldg# 7. I had to tell the lady at the front desk I paid for two beds in my room not ONE. The front staff is all about tips or they WILL NOT HELP like they are paid to do. The food was great but MANAGER hire someone to keep the flies away from the buffet Im sure if you go on vacation you would like the same services we PAY for. Besides that everything was fine. Pool, beach, food, drinks, weather, room service cooks, waitress and waiters other than the front desk staff most of the staff were awsome(thank you). I had a great time but I would not return just because I want to feel comfortable at arrival not worried that my reservation could not be found...good luck and have fun to all who go.

Hubert, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have been to this resort 6 times. Every time I come I at least meet one person who is very caring, and outgoing. Jesse Perez was one of the best workers there. He never failed to keep people having fun, and to remind people about the activities so we don't get bored! Perfect!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Marcos C, Director General at Barcelo Punta Cana, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear guest,

Thanks for your positives commentaries; is a pleasure to us to know that you have had a really good time in our hotel; we hope you visit again Barcelo Punta Cana to have an unforgettable and better stay than the last one.
We feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated. Please be sure we will share this comment with our staff, specially to Jesse .

We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you here again at your Home away from Home Barcelo Punta Cana.

Kind regards,

General Manager at Barceló Punta Cana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

great customer service from fernando heredia. overall fantastic experience. Side note, do not leave anything unattended, different country, you never know who can take your things and steal them. My wallet was left by the pool, and taken before I came back from getting food

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We absolutely love this place! It was our first time to DR....The Hotel was beautiful! Clean!Super Friendly Staff...especially Lillian at the Bar, the Food was Great! The Beach was awesome! Clean Rooms! Thank you to all the hard workers that provided great entertainment, like Juan (Mini Me) Rosario...we loved him...He made our vacation memorable...I can't wait to go back!! I would highly recommend Barcelo Premium Punta Cana Resort!

Dear guest,

We thank you for choosing Barceló Punta Cana for your holidays and for sharing your experience with the online community and give us your feedback.

We are very happy to read that your positive lines regarding the friendliness of our staff, the variety of our gastronomy, and the beauty and cleanness of our premises which ensured you a pleasant holiday.

Exceeding the expectations of our guests and offer truly exceptional experiences is our goal. We know that in order to achieve this it is necessary to provide good service and attitude; therefore I am proud to hear that our staff went above and beyond in their effort to fulfill all your needs.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at Barceló Punta Cana and continue providing the most unforgettable experiences.

Best regards,

General Manager Barceló Punta Cana
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The location and beach here is fantastic.
But the best thing was trying the trapeze. Its an amazing experience once you conquer climbing that ladder!!!! Jose Luis was very helpful and patient and gave me the courage to do it. He is a great guy and very talented, not only at the trapeze but also in the circus show too!!! Excellente

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

My friend and I booked a five day all-inclusive stay at this resort. Upon arrival the bell hop took our luggage and directed us to the front desk to check in. There appeared to be at least four different lines of people waiting to be served at the front desk with no clear organization. After waiting in one of these lines for quite some time, we realized that we were on the information side rather than the check-in side. My friend and I had to get in another line and wait for an available clerk. We were still a bit excited about the trip in general at this point, so we were willing to forgive the fact that we were put in a room with one king size bed instead of the double bed room we booked. The saving grace of this hotel turned out to be the external attributes. The beach was AMAZING. The pools were awesome too. However the actual hotel rooms are a bit outdated and details were overlooked. If you happen to bring a laptop make sure you bring an outlet adaptor as they only have the two- prong outlets. Also the food in the general buffet area left much to be desired. I would suggest making reservations at one of the restaurants in the hotel (they're also free but the food is much better.) One final point I would like to make is that this hotel appeared to be geared towards local Dominicans or people who are fluent in spanish. If you only speak English you will run into issues at this hotel. It may be a good idea to bring your own washcloths as well. My friend and I had to battle with housekeeping almost every day to get washcloths and actually went two days without them. I would say in all honesty, if you can find something a little better within your budget, go for it.

• Stayed June 2014
Marcos C, Director General at Barcelo Punta Cana, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

We would like to highlight that our main interest is to assure our guests’ satisfaction and we regret very much that we could not fulfill your expectations this time. We can assure you that our guests’ opinions are studied carefully enough.
We have taken note of your comments and please allow us to inform you that we are developing several improvements projects.

It is our sincere desire to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future to our resort again, so we can show that the situations described in your feedback does not correspond to our performance and service overall. We strongly believe that the next time putting our best efforts, we will be able to exceed your expectations, so that we can regain your confidence in our company

Kind regards,

General Manager Barceló Punta Cana

Been to Barcelo Punta Cana? Share your experiences!