“I lived it there” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Punta Cana

You added Barcelo Punta Cana to your Saves list
Barcelo Punta Cana
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Arena Gorda Beach, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Offer
Up to 20% discount
Ranked #61 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Dallas, Georgia
“I lived it there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I booked this hotel on the spur of the moment and did not read any reviews or had expectations. I ended up in a premium suite, even though I booked a regular room. Nice surprise. Check in was not too bad to complain. The suite was clean, the bed was very comfortable. Not everything worked in the suite upon my arrival, but within 15-20 min everything was fixed. There were some insects finding its way into the room, but the room was on the ground floor and a couple of feet away from the nature. So it did not bother me, in fact they were already dead. The suite might benefit from some upgrades though. It had full kitchen which was useless in all inclusive hotel. I don't know how anyone could complain about food. It was excellent, especially dinners. Huge, huge variety of whatever you desire. And all of an excellent quality. The service was perfect. The beach was nice, but the ocean was a bit rough for swimming. The pools were clean. Lots of entertainment. I had a massage in a Spa and it was nice. It might have been a bit crowded for my taste, but it did not bother me much. Thank you to all staff making my experience a pleasurable one. Great value for the money.

Room Tip: I think rooms above the ground floor are quieter. Supplies delivery vans and cleaning/maintenance st...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
barcelopc, Director General at Barcelo Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear guest,

In Barceló Punta Cana we have a strong commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests expectations.

Thank you very much for all your comments regarding to our resort. Your feedback will encourage us to continue providing the high level of service we believe our guests deserve.

Barceló and its team are working very hard to improve our service on the daily basis.

As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

General Manager at Barceló Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (813)
  • Polish first
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I had a great vacation week of Jan 17-24. We loved the hotel, the food was good, never once went hungry. The a-la-cartes were very good, especially the Japanese.
The beach was fantastic. Beautiful beach. Always found a chair either at the beach or at the pool. Drinks were very good at each bar we stopped at. Shows were ok. Something relaxing for the evening. I really don't understand why the negative reviews, we would certainly go back. I think some people must be very, very picky!!!
We met a very nice family, Dana, Marie, Marie's Mom and Alex, thoroughly enjoyed their company. Thanks Barceló for a terrific time.

Room Tip: Ocean view does not always mean 'ocean view', there are a lot of palm trees to block your vi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
barcelopc, Director General at Barcelo Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments about our property. We are pleased of knowing that you always have a wonderful experience with us and you have taken the time to post this review.
It make us very proud to read your nice valuation regarding our services and facilities overall.
Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again to Barceló Punta Cana and give you another amazing experience.
Kind regards,

Arcola sask canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I were there on jan. 12/2014 for one week. I guess because we were on a last min holiday we got the run down room every time you had a shower Willie5554the soap despenser would fall off the wall the patio door was wore out my wife couldn't even open it the small rug between beds I don't think ever got shook out.To top things off you couldn't get a good rest as the Russians would be in the hall ways yelling ,argueing and of coarse hanging out as we had two couches in the hallway for everyone to sit and anoye the people trying to sleep. All this took place between 1 to 5am every day. You can't brush your teeth unless you use bottled water unless you want typhoid. The whole country is a dirty discussting place. They need to put there people to work collecting the garbage. If they don't no what to do with it maybe they should check into a garbage burning boiler France has been burning one for years. Or try calling Babcock and Wilcox they will build one for you. Anyway I seen as much of that country as I want by the end of the week we had enough of the French people ,Russians and Spanish butting in front of you cutting you off and figuring they are more important than anyone else. One more thing if going on any tours guess what there is only one other rod in the country, took three tours and all went down the same three foot pot holes road. Biggest ripoff was the dune boggy ( junk) wouldn't steer to right no breaksWillie5554 and dyed halfway through the trip. Never comeing back there are way better and cleaner places to holiday.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Barcelo Punta Cana for your holidays. In the name of our entire staff, we want to thank you for taking time to share your review with other travelers.
We take all guest feedback very seriously because we want improve with you, and we're constantly changing all aspects of our service and facilities. Thank you to give us your honest point of view about our property and services. On behalf of the entire Barcelo Punta Cana staff, please accept our apologize for any discomfort you may have encountered.
We thank you for your feedback. It helps us to improve our standards of service.
Please feel free to contact us, in case you decide to visit us again.
Yours Sincerely,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had been to the Barcelo Solemar in Cuba and that was just fine, so we new what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised how nice this resort turned out to be. It is not new,but it is well maintained and I reminded myself that it is a four star resort. After a little confusion at reception due to other visitors demanding attention ahead of the line of new travel weary arriving vacationers we were given a nice room on the ground floor level away from the noise in the 5000 series block. After a heavy rainfall at night, I detected a damp smell and complained to reception.Our room was changed immediately to a newer more convenient location.
We enjoyed this resort with its beautiful beach and swimming pools, there was plenty of variation of food in the buffets and I was impressed with the Al a carte restaurants,especially the French.
The only thing I was not pleased about
was the evening theater entertainment, where visitors were invited up on to the stage, when they were made to look foolish. I am sure we have all seen this before as it is common in these resorts. All things considered, good value for money and we would go back any time. Steve D. Toronto

Room Tip: I think we have to remember to slow down to and forget the frantic pace of life we have become adjus...
Dear guest,

First of all we thank you for choosing our hotel Barcelo Punta Cana for your holidays and for the time you took to share your review with the Tripadvisor community.
We would like to thank you for highlighting our strengths and weaknesses. Please be sure that your observations are taken into great consideration for their analysis, in order to improve the points you mentioned.
We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you once again at Barcelo Punta Cana to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities and change any negative perception you may have about us
We will be honored to welcome you back. Do not hesitate to contact us prior your next visit.
Warm regards,

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Food was not bad, we found the food in buffet better than the al la carts, room was clean, grounds beautiful, we thought the pools were very clean, beach was amazing.front desk staff was not the greatest,lifeguards are super friendly stop and say hello to them. wifi is a joke, 12.00 usd and you were lucky if it worked 25% of the time. we complained and all they said was you still need to pay.Overall it was a good trip, we would go back but only if we can stay in the same block (3) again. and to all the negative reviews I say don't believe it till you see it.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Barceló Punta Cana for your vacations, and sharing your experience with the online community. We appreciate your comments about our property, services and facilities.

As a very responsible hotel chain we accept your feedback for a continuous improvement.

We definitely look forward to host you once again near in the future,

Best regards,

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

When your bathroom and bedroom at home are better than the ones in your hotel, it is a sign that something is wrong with the hotel you are staying at. Cleaniness was deficient. Bathtub was damaged and I still don't know whether I was using soap or shampoo for my shower since it was not specified. I killed a cockroach on my way to bathroom one night. Pillowcases had an intense smell of mold and were not changed upon our request. After 2 days complaining, they finally decided to change our room (without upgrade) but the new room was no better than the first one. The hotel needs renovation. Staff is slow from restaurants to lobby.
Rooms are obsolete and need renovation. Friendliness and professionalism should improve. Every time I requested a towel at the pool service they did not have one and had to wait 30min to get one.

Room Tip: Rooms in building 1 or 2 are good. Don't accept a room in buildings 3 to 5 as they need renovati...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
barcelopc, Director General at Barcelo Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, we want to thank you for having chosen Barceló Punta Cana as your holiday destination and for taking time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are deeply sorry to read that our hotel premises, facilities and services could not ensure you a memorable and relaxing stay. We are really sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience at our resort.

We have read thoroughly your comments, because they are very important for us as a responsible and professional hotel chain.

On behalf of our entire team, we would like to extend our most sincere apologies for any difficulties you may experience during your stay with other services that we are offering.

We hope to give us the opportunity to provide the care and quality you deserve at a future visit.

We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.

Yours sincerely,

Director Hotel Barceló Punta Cana
Devils Lake, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Where do I start? We reserved and paid for ocean front, when we arrived they had no ocean front rooms. We were traveling with another family and we were on the other side of the property. We were both given the "best" rooms. The rooms were dirty -we unfolded the couch for one of the kids and I would not have my dog sleep on it, gross! The next day our Delta Rep, not the motel got us better rooms. The specialty restaurants were good except for the dirty table clothes but the buffet was not very good. It was very hard to communicate with the staff as they did not understand English. I told the housekeeper our toilet was plugged and she brought me Sprite. We asked for blankets and we were brought robes.
The beach was great. The pool was dirty, the pool employee was too busy saving cabanas for the customers in hopes of getting a tip. The grounds were very neglected. I had two massages when I was there and they were wonderful. We have been to 10 all inclusive resorts and this was by far the worst.
I don't think the staff really cared about the customers and the service. If I were owners Barcelo I would be embarrassed, I'd clean house and start from the top.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies as we were unable to satisfy you during your stay with us.

At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

Yours sincerely,

Director Hotel Barceló Punta Cana

Been to Barcelo Punta Cana? Share your experiences!