I have recently returned from Barcelo Punta Cana, and like many others having read trip advisor before hand was a little bit worried. However we had a nice week, the hotel has fantastic family facilities, the staff were a credit to the hotel, the beach was beautiful, and the food was absolutely fine.
Yes at the weekend it did get very noisy due to the amount of locals arriving, however they were no problem just VERY noisy as they generally seemed to be in large groups.
Our room was a superior ocean front and it was very nice, the bed was very comfortable, yes the hotel is getting a little bit tired in places, but the staff seem to work non stop keeping everywhere clean and tidy.
My advice is: book and pay for a 5* hotel if that's what you are expecting, however if you are looking for a well run, popular hotel,on a beautiful beach and your budget won't stretch to 5* prices, then for the price you will pay I really don't see what all the negativity is about. I would also recommend you book a superior room ocean view. Block 3 is very central.
In terms of the speciality restaurants, we ate at the El Conuco (Dominican), Paris (French), Tokio (Japanese) & El Marlin (Meat & Fish), all of which were very good. I never had any problems changing the times, neither did I queue first thing in the morning for an hour to get another reservation. It seemed a little strange that every time we ate in a speciality restaurant which was always between 6-7pm there were always quite a few tables free, even though there was a sign up saying all restaurant reservations were full? My only other comment is that they should drop the "no shorts" policy for men in these restaurants, as they did not enforce it, which annoyed guests adhering to the policy, and who wants to wear long trousers in 30+ degs anyway.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Punta Cana Hotel
- Barcelo Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Breezes Punta Cana
- Barcelo Punta Cana Resort
- Barcelo Premium Punta Cana
- Barcelo Dominican Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Barcelo
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, Amex, Venere, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Barcelo Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.