Lovely hotel, nice staff, great weather, nice pool, good beach. So far we have enjoyed our stay but just wish someone had told us some of these tips to make our stay more enjoyable:
1. Bring insect repellent - you will need it for the mosquitos and it is $17 USD in the mini market!!!
2. Dont rely on having free WIfi within the rooms - streaming or skype is nearly impossible if not in reception.
3. There is NOT a DVD Player in every room as stated on the website, You have to 'borrow' a DVD player from concierge with a deposit - we have been here for 4 nights and there hasnt been one available the entire time
4. Dont leave anything on your patio if you are on the ground floor. we had our $17 bottle of insect repellent stolen off our patio
5. The italian restaurant is lovely and def worth the wait for a table.
6. The airport is completely mental!! so disorganised (bring a pen as you have to fill in lots of different forms) try not to stress about bags - they do come eventually!! and car park is just a maze of buses - can be quite intimidating in the dark particularly if your alone or a small group
We have really enjoyed our stay so far and would def recommend the resort to friends! If you like cocktails, beer or wine you can literally drink all day for free and staff are always available to serve.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro