After a first stay in tortuga bay 2 years ago, we praised it as one of the best hotels in the world.
However, our 15 days stay in August has progressively turned as a nightmare:
- problem with the room air condition: it was freezing or too hot but never good; the kids were always frozen when they woke up
- problem with the internet connection: the wifi worked only intermittently; we've lost time and money because of this
- the sea and the beach were full of algs; it was not possible to go and swim; it stinked like hell and the cleaning was made with the customers behind at 10am rather than 6 or 7 am
- bugs in the kitchen area of the room
- troussants of flies everywhere in the hotel (restaurant, beach, pool...)
- no kids club nor baby club, and need to pay one nanny per kid if you have two (10 dollars per hour each)
- no freshly squeezed orange juice for the breakfast (1st time we've seen this in a leading hotel)
- and many more inconveniences...
During the 15 days, we have complained about all this, we have always been said that the problem was fixed but it was getting worse and worse.
One day left in what used to be a paradise... Very disappointed!
Mr and Ms A.