“Best Vacation Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club

Save Saved
You added Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club to your Saves list
Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Punta Cana | Altagracia, Higuey. Dominican Republic, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Deal
Save $150 on select meals
Ranked #2 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Key West, Florida
“Best Vacation Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Tortuga Bay in the Punta Cana Resort in early October. We were absolutely stunned at the level of service and dedication of the staff to cater to our every need beginning with the arrival at the airport. We were met on the tarmac with a private driver while everyone else loaded into buses. We were escorted to immigration where staff took our passports and had them processed and within 5 minutes we were finished and taken to the resort. We had a lovely tour of the property in a golf cart by our villa manager. We were given a cell phone so we could contact our villa manager at any time if we needed anything. The villa was very clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. We played golf at La Cana which was amazing. Coralles had a tournament going on so we declined to play that course but both are extraordinary. Teeing up on the ocean's edge was amazing. The food and bar service was top notch. The option of dinner on the beach was ours but an evening rain shower kept us in a beautiful setting (and dry!). We also spent one afternoon at the Six Senses Spa. The staff is excellent and we highly recommend taking time to get the best massage you will ever have. The property hosts Punta Cana Ecological Reserve with very nice trails through the "jungle" leading to fresh water lagoons and a tropical fruit forest. We recommend taking a private tour that really brings into perspective regional goals for preservation and the accomplishments made. The beach is perfect white sand with loungers and umbrellas. You will not sit down before you are greeted by staff to assist with towels and beverages and anything else you need. It was sad to go but our arrival at the airport was the icing on the cake. The immigration line musts have held 200 people. Terminal 1 is basically open air so it was a bit warm. Again, our manager took our passports and presto, we only had to run our luggage through the scanner and we were done. We were escorted to a very nice air conditioned VIP lounge with beverages, cheese, meats, etc. What an experience. This is truly 5 star in every way and the most romantic resort ever. This is a place to put on your bucket list. We cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a villa ocean front. The sound of the waves is a must.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Mrs. Pat,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay on Tripadvisor It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Tortuga Bay. Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a "a one - of a kind Leading Experience''.

Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Englewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Upon arrival, you are greeted with an amazing concierge, who gives you a tour on a golf cart (the grounds are quite big). The beach is stunning, as well as the architecture. The concierge service is called upon with the cell phone they hand you at check-in, and they meet all of your needs. The food could be a little better. Feels very secluded.

Room Tip: The Villa's are amazing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Adam,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “a one – of a kind Leading Experience’’.

Park Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Tortuga Bay in the DM. The hotel was beautiful. Everything was exceptional; the accommodations, the landscape, the service...etc. The VIP airport treatment is the BEST!

The staff is exceptional and anticipates your every need. There was no request that went unanswered.

When filling out the suggestion card, we really had to think of things that were needed - they were all minor.

We hope that we have the opportunity to stay at Tortuga Bay again! A special thank you to the staff - you are exceptional!

Room Tip: All the rooms in wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Scully,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club
vcalcerano@puntacana.Com
1 829 797-1121
milwaukee, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This review is a few months delayed. My husband & I spent 2 days here back in June, and are hoping to go back again soon (and bring back friends/family - yes, it was that good!). We stayed at Iberostar Grand for the first part of our trip (separate review), and while that resort was nice as well, we wish we would've stayed at Tortuga Bay longer. Everything here is impeccable - the grounds, the view, the rooms, the beach, the employees, the service. We loved the golf carts, driving to the restaurant La Yola at sunset was breathtaking (highly recommend it!). Food wise, we actually preferred the food at the main restaurant Bamboo, it was delicious in our opinion (saw some reviews before we went that the food was not good, so we were pleasantly surprised). All of the employees were above and beyond excellent, they really made you feel special and went out of their way to get you anything you needed. And the emails we received from the resort prior to arrival, seeing if we had any special requests/needs/concerns, was much appreciated. We stayed Oceanfront and the view of the (basically private) beach was beautiful. The VIP service back to (and through) the airport was nice (and quick!), hopefully they always keep this service. Basically, if you are looking for a gorgeous resort & beach, in a secluded/private location, with staff that treats you like VIP, this is the spot for you. If you are looking for a little more action, try splitting up your trip between a 'busier' resort and this resort like we did (but, I recommend you make this the second place you stay, and definately stay longer than two days!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Ktsweets ,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I spent five days in September (off-season) in Tortuga Bay and were very impressed by everythin: the airport (nearby), the VIP treatment, the room and most of all the people. Every employee was very attentive of our needs from the time we disembarked the plane - they received us at the plane's doors - until we left. It might be a bit more expensive than other resorts nearby, but worth every penny.
We booked a beach front junior suite with a magnificent view right on the beach. Jetsetter, the company through which we reserved worked perfectly and got us a very good discount. It is an ideal getaway for couples or family with great golf courses and breathtaking beaches.
We have been in many resorts in our lifetime, but we can definitely classify Tortuga Bay as the best of them all!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Samper ,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

World-renowned fashion designer Oscar de la Renta may be famous for his chic and dazzling designs in the world of fashion, but his influence at the most luxurious resort in the Caribbean is centered around simplicity, open spaces and beautifully crafted furniture. His presence is tangible in the generous, sunny rooms at Puntacana Resort & Club’s Tortuga Bay.

A member Leading Hotels of the World and the only AAA Five Diamond Awarded hotel in the Dominican Republic and is located within the exclusive Puntacana Resort & Club, situated on the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic. Located in a private enclave of the 23 square mile Caribbean resort, where de la Renta and Julio Iglesias keep homes, Tortuga Bay includes 15 luxurious beachfront villas offering unrivalled luxury, privacy, security and five-star service for “people who expect the exceptional.”

All one, two, three and four bedroom villas have been designed by de la Renta and are perched along five miles of immaculate private beach with every convenience at arms - length. Withrespecttotherawbeautyoftheresort’ssetting,thevillasarebroughttolife with a palette of natural island colors, along with an authentic combination of wicker and wood furnishings and luxurious linens to create a look that is at once luminous, serene and utterly elegant.

Each villa boasts a wealth of lavish amenities, including Frette linens, plasma TV’s in both the bedrooms and living areas, DVD players, Jacuzzi bath tubs and separate showers, private outdoor dining areas, and a mini-bar stocked with a plethora of decadent necessities such as Fiji water, fine wine and chocolate chip cookies.

Delivering the level of service the resort’s most exclusive guests have come to expect, Villa Managers are always on hand to assist guests of Tortuga Bay with a wide variety of services. One Villa Manager is appointed for every two residences and may be reached via a complimentary mobile phone to arrange for anything from nanny services to VIP transportation to private dinner parties. Guests of Tortuga Bay are also each provided with a private golf cart for exploring the breathtaking grounds of the property.

The Six Senses Spa at the resort offers a wide range of holistic wellness, rejuvenation and beauty treatments to balance the senses - all administered under the guidance of expert

Guests may choose to dine at the resorts’ eight international restaurants, including Bamboo, which is within Tortuga Bay and has also been decorated by de la Renta. With an atmosphere that is at once intimate, cozy and refined, Bamboo offers an array of light fare such as sushi, and salad and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Room service is also available from 7 a.m.-11p.m.

Tortuga Bay is located within a unique complex offering a variety of facilities that can only be found in a property conceived, constructed and managed with a strong ecological consciousness. The property was the recipient of the Leading Hotels of The World prestigious Commitment to Excellence Awards in December of 2007. In addition to the a Six Senses Spa, the resort also boasts two championship golf courses designed by Tom Fazio and P.B. Dye, a full service marina, a horse ranch, several gated residential communities, a private nature reserve, and an international biodiversity center ,The Puntacana Ecological Foundation.

The Puntacana Ecological Foundation (PCEF) is a non-profit foundation established in 1994 by the Grupo Puntacana to protect and restore the natural resources of the Punta Cana region and contribute to the sustainable development of the country. The Foundation is endowed with a 1,500-acre ecological park and reserve, filled with an array of local flora and fauna, experimental gardens, and a petting zoo. The Puntacana Ecological Foundation works directly with the Puntacana Resort & Club and numerous partners and researchers from around the world (such as researchers from Harvard, Columbia and Cornell Universities) to protect and contribute to the rational use of natural resources and respect for nature as a model for the sustainable development of destinations. Major projects include providing education and health care to the local community as well as protecting and conserving the area’s coral reefs.

Apart from a few mosquitoes here and there this place is truly magical! It has a feel of Kennedy Chic, you'll love it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Gypsy ,

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This property is really unique. It feels like you have your very own beachfront villa. The staff is very accomodating and makes you feel at home. Other reviewers had said the local restaurants were not very good. We tried them all, and have to say the best chef is at the resort. We ordered room service one night and thought the food was the absolute best! The breakfast buffet is also very nice and they offer egg dishes as well. We will definitely be back! Thank you, Tortuga Bay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. We stayed in 6191 (2 BR) and the location was great for us - near the gym a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Family,

Tel. (809) 959-8229

Been to Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club? Share your experiences!