“Perfect Anniversary Trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club

You added Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club to your Saves list
Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Puntacana Resort & Club, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #11 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
Orlando, Florida
“Perfect Anniversary Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This property is really unique. It feels like you have your very own beachfront villa. The staff is very accomodating and makes you feel at home. Other reviewers had said the local restaurants were not very good. We tried them all, and have to say the best chef is at the resort. We ordered room service one night and thought the food was the absolute best! The breakfast buffet is also very nice and they offer egg dishes as well. We will definitely be back! Thank you, Tortuga Bay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. We stayed in 6191 (2 BR) and the location was great for us - near the gym a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Family,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “a one – of a kind Leading Experience’’.

Tel. (809) 959-8229

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I read countless reviews on this resort prior to our arrival, so I will attempt to avoid the most common feedback; i.e., beautiful accommodations, impeccable service, golf carts, etc. The one thing worthy of repetition, however, is the service at the airport upon arrival. The time and hassle saved by being whisked across the tarmac and then bypassing the looooooong, slow line at Customs is not to be taken lightly. The airport is hot and muggy and I was so grateful we were in and out in less than 10 minutes (we didn't check luggage). The VIP service for departure was just as expeditious and included access to the private VIP salon.

Our villa manager greeted us and took us on a tour of the property and checked us into our room. She provided in-depth information about everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable. We were asked what time we would like daily housekeeping services as well as the preferred time for turndown service, something we had never seen at other high-end resorts. We chose 10am for housekeeping and 7pm for turndown service. The preferred times, we found, were merely a rough guide for the housekeeping staff (who were consistently excellent!) The first morning, we returned to the room at 10:45 and the room had not been serviced yet, so we left to relax on the beach. At 11:15, a passing rain cloud forced all of us on the beach to retreat for cover. We returned to the room to find the cleaning staff just finishing up. We learned to use the preferred times as a rough guide as to when they will clean. Be aware that the staff will not service your room if you leave valuables out or leave the safe open, which is a great way to remind guests to lock up their valuables and mitigates risk on the hotel's side.

We made most of our activities and dinner reservations during the check-in process and later that afternoon, we were provided with a letter confirming all of the reservations. The villa manager will make any arrangements you need, both on property and off. We found the resort's drivers to be prompt, friendly and very accommodating.

Bath products are Molton Brown of London. Shower pressure is inadequate.

Pool and Bamboo restaurant share the same location. So if you want to swim or lounge poolside, know that restaurant patrons will be dining in very close proximity.

Fitness center is small, but equipment is new and has everything one needs while on vacation.

Restaurants: We dined at several of the restaurants on property. The service at Bamboo was outstanding. Along with the breakfast buffet, they will prepare omelettes or eggs to your liking. La Yola has decent food and a great setting at the marina where you can see fish jumping out of the water. We even saw a small shark one evening! Playa Blanca was a great spot for lunch (the goat was outstanding!) and The Grill is another location we enjoyed for lunch.

Golf: The La Cana course is challenging and has wide open fairways. The Corales course is one of the most beautiful courses around, with sweeping ocean views. There is a mandatory caddy service, but well worth it. Good selection of rental clubs (included).

Spa: Excellent! Loved the outdoor waiting area; very serene and relaxing.

Upon returning from our 25th wedding anniversary dinner, the staff had prepared a lovely candlelit bubble bath, accompanied by chocolate-dipped strawberries. A wonderful touch to the end of a very special day!

This was hands down one of the best vacations we have ever experienced. Thank you, Tortuga Bay and the entire Puntacana Resort staff!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Rajj,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club
Vcalcerano@puntacana.Com
1 829 797-1121
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm going to give you the pros and cons about this hotel. I'll start with the pros: Room was nice and cold; we were greeted by friendly staff and staff was friendly throughout our stay; the grounds were really nice and spacious with nice lagunas and beaches; breakfast buffet selection was good; lunch was over priced and not very good; wireless internet in lobby was decently fast; price of hotel on Expedia was good.
Cons: lack of hot water in shower (luck warm); water pressure was low; beds were hard; some ants in bathroom; flies on food at breakfast buffet; no internet available in rooms; no refrig in rooms.
My suggestion is to take shuttle to the "village" and eat at Wendys.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

It was great, I liked the beach and everything. I'm looking forward to going back. If your looking for a pricy but nice resort, check out this one. The staff was amazing and will help you and give you good service. Best resort ever!

• Stayed August 2012
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. JK,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay on Tripadvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Tortuga Bay. Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a "a one - of a kind Leading Experience''.

Abraham Lincoln 960, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Tel. (809) 959-8229 Ext. 7220
Cel. (829) 797-1121
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here at Easter this year with our two children (4 & 7) and it was amazing, from the moment we arrived at the airport and were met by a representative of the hotel whisked away and in our room within half an hour, I felt like my head was spinning!

We had a two bedroom ground floor villa on the beach, I have never seen such amazing views before, the villa was lovely and comfortable with plenty of space and everything you could need with molton brown toiletries. It opened out onto a lovely patio with seating (which would benefit from some comfy cushions!) and was about ten steps from the beach.

It's how the staff anticipate your needs and think outside the box that makes this place special, we had the usual mini bar but we had also brought some drinks that our children like from the UK, the next day after filling up the mini bar, there was an ice bucket filled up with our kids drinks in it, they also took note of what we liked from the mini bar and stocked up with this.

We had breakfast every morning at Bamboo, the staff are so lovely and welcoming, a nice breakfast buffet and you can order eggs to your liking, we also had lunch here and a couple of dinners and the food was outstanding, it has a very laid back vibe about it.

We also ate at Playa Blanca, the golf club and the Italian on the Puntacana resort. Our favourite restaurant was La Yola, wonderful setting with amazing food and great staff. Also had a couple of meals in the village which were also nice.

We had our private buggy which was great for exploring, only niggle being the bikes we had reserved six weeks beforehand, they didn't have one for our 4 year old and we didn't get it until about 4 days before we left which was disappointing and then when that turned up my husbands disappeared ! Only a minor niggle but think when you have asked for them 6 weeks in advance and they confirm them they should be there.

We split our days between the pool at Bamboo whilst not huge is lovely, there were days when we were on our own! The afternoons were spent at the beach which again was a lot of the time was deserted, it felt like our own island.

You are given a mobile phone and you contact your villa host who will sort any request for you, I loved this and it was nice to be able to ring one number for everything, they were all very helpful and friendly.

We went swimming with the Turtles which was a wonderful experience and had a trek through the nature reserve which was an amazing experience for our boys.

We also had a lovely babysitter for two nights whilst we had an adult dinner! We used the BBQ service and that was fantastic, I can't remember the name of the food & beverage manager to my shame but he was amazing and gave us lots of advice & help.

My only complaint and this is not about Tortuga but the next door resort of PuntaCana, it's horrible!!!!! Why oh why do they allow a connection with this resort? The buildings look like they should be pulled down, they are in a terrible state of repair, the kids club is here and there is no way I would leave my boys here. After venturing over we didn't go back but it is such a shame as it's a million miles away from Tortuga!

Besides this I can honestly say this is one of the best holidays we have ever had, beautiful villa, stunning scenery, great staff, lovely food and just overall a wonderful place, we will be back !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Irish ,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on Tripadvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from your weeding at Tortuga Bay!

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club , and give you a “ one- of a- kind’’ Leading Experience on your weeding anniversary .

Abraham Lincoln 960, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Tel. (809) 959-8229 Ext. 7220
Cel. (829) 797-1121
Fax (809) 959-8230
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This location is fanctastic. This was our second year in a row visiting this property. Service and all the immendities are great. Highly recommned this as a private quiet vacation spot. VIP airport service tops it all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Abe ,

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I loved this place and the entire experience. The airport arrival and transfer to our Villa was superior and set the tone for all we experienced. Our villa was a two bedroom and the living area was perfectly sized and beautifully furnished/ decorated. The staff was very accommodating no matter where you were on the property. The villa supervisor consistently checked in to ensure my friend and I were having a good time and not experiencing issues. We spent a lot of time at the Spa. The service was great each time. We were disappointed the Spa did not have a private relaxation room. So, having a "spa day" was not very enjoyable. Non- spa guest frequently walk through the spa. There was an outside pool area where you could relax, but the pool is shared with non- spa guest, was filled with children and families that interrupted relaxation. I suggest making a change there. Otherwise, I loved Tortuga Bay, the staff, the service and the beautiful beach!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Sir ,

Tel. (809) 959-8229

Been to Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club? Share your experiences!