“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club

You added Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club to your Saves list
Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Puntacana Resort & Club, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cheshire
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here at Easter this year with our two children (4 & 7) and it was amazing, from the moment we arrived at the airport and were met by a representative of the hotel whisked away and in our room within half an hour, I felt like my head was spinning!

We had a two bedroom ground floor villa on the beach, I have never seen such amazing views before, the villa was lovely and comfortable with plenty of space and everything you could need with molton brown toiletries. It opened out onto a lovely patio with seating (which would benefit from some comfy cushions!) and was about ten steps from the beach.

It's how the staff anticipate your needs and think outside the box that makes this place special, we had the usual mini bar but we had also brought some drinks that our children like from the UK, the next day after filling up the mini bar, there was an ice bucket filled up with our kids drinks in it, they also took note of what we liked from the mini bar and stocked up with this.

We had breakfast every morning at Bamboo, the staff are so lovely and welcoming, a nice breakfast buffet and you can order eggs to your liking, we also had lunch here and a couple of dinners and the food was outstanding, it has a very laid back vibe about it.

We also ate at Playa Blanca, the golf club and the Italian on the Puntacana resort. Our favourite restaurant was La Yola, wonderful setting with amazing food and great staff. Also had a couple of meals in the village which were also nice.

We had our private buggy which was great for exploring, only niggle being the bikes we had reserved six weeks beforehand, they didn't have one for our 4 year old and we didn't get it until about 4 days before we left which was disappointing and then when that turned up my husbands disappeared ! Only a minor niggle but think when you have asked for them 6 weeks in advance and they confirm them they should be there.

We split our days between the pool at Bamboo whilst not huge is lovely, there were days when we were on our own! The afternoons were spent at the beach which again was a lot of the time was deserted, it felt like our own island.

You are given a mobile phone and you contact your villa host who will sort any request for you, I loved this and it was nice to be able to ring one number for everything, they were all very helpful and friendly.

We went swimming with the Turtles which was a wonderful experience and had a trek through the nature reserve which was an amazing experience for our boys.

We also had a lovely babysitter for two nights whilst we had an adult dinner! We used the BBQ service and that was fantastic, I can't remember the name of the food & beverage manager to my shame but he was amazing and gave us lots of advice & help.

My only complaint and this is not about Tortuga but the next door resort of PuntaCana, it's horrible!!!!! Why oh why do they allow a connection with this resort? The buildings look like they should be pulled down, they are in a terrible state of repair, the kids club is here and there is no way I would leave my boys here. After venturing over we didn't go back but it is such a shame as it's a million miles away from Tortuga!

Besides this I can honestly say this is one of the best holidays we have ever had, beautiful villa, stunning scenery, great staff, lovely food and just overall a wonderful place, we will be back !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank IrishKaren
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Irish ,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on Tripadvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from your weeding at Tortuga Bay!

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club , and give you a “ one- of a- kind’’ Leading Experience on your weeding anniversary .

Abraham Lincoln 960, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Tel. (809) 959-8229 Ext. 7220
Cel. (829) 797-1121
Fax (809) 959-8230

Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This location is fanctastic. This was our second year in a row visiting this property. Service and all the immendities are great. Highly recommned this as a private quiet vacation spot. VIP airport service tops it all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Abe ,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Tortuga Bay.

Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “a one – of a kind Leading Experience’’.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I loved this place and the entire experience. The airport arrival and transfer to our Villa was superior and set the tone for all we experienced. Our villa was a two bedroom and the living area was perfectly sized and beautifully furnished/ decorated. The staff was very accommodating no matter where you were on the property. The villa supervisor consistently checked in to ensure my friend and I were having a good time and not experiencing issues. We spent a lot of time at the Spa. The service was great each time. We were disappointed the Spa did not have a private relaxation room. So, having a "spa day" was not very enjoyable. Non- spa guest frequently walk through the spa. There was an outside pool area where you could relax, but the pool is shared with non- spa guest, was filled with children and families that interrupted relaxation. I suggest making a change there. Otherwise, I loved Tortuga Bay, the staff, the service and the beautiful beach!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Relaxin656
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Sir ,

Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Tortuga Bay is a boutique hotel within a larger resort. Having been designed by Oscar DeLaurenta, the accomodations are beautiful and they provide everything one could hope for . More importantly, however, is the staff which runs this lovely hotel and anticipates the needs of every guest in an unobtrusive and genuinely gracious manner. For example, minutes after we checked in (a process which occurs in the suite), we went to the beach which is right outside the villas. The staff had already observed that we had beverages in need of chilling. While there was a well stocked minbar in the kitchen, there was no separate refrigerator. When we returned to the suite, there was a refrigerator in the kitchen and our evening drinks were chilled and ready to enjoy. This kind of service was evident throughout the stay. The staff is simply wonderful and seemed to sense the right balance of friendliness and quiet, attentive service without being intrusive.

The beach is beautiful and, once again, the staff provides plenty of water, towels, umbrellas and anything else one wished for both at the private beach and pool. There were some families with children staying at Tortuga, but the need for peace and privacy one expects as this level of resort was maintained.

The spa staff was very attentive, but this is not a spa in the usual sense. There is no locker area, or lounge in which to decompress prior to a treatment or relax afterwards. I had a very nice massage, but really missed the other amenities one expects in a spa such as a steam room, sauna and shower area.

In addition to the beach, we enjoyed snorkeling, swimming in a fresh water reserve and trying the several restaurants on the larger hotel property. The food was very good, not outstanding, but the service was always excellent. The most appealing restaurant was La Yola which is right on the water and has lovely views. It has the feel of a large palapa. Bamboo, the restaurant within Tortuga and only for Tortuga guests does an excellent job at breakfast.

The service provided to and from the airport is outstanding. Tortuga guests are personally escorted through the process coming and going and have the use of a private, air conditioned lounge- very welcome at the busy Punta Cana airport.

We would certainly hope to revisit Tortuga in the future.

Room Tip: I would call ahead to check on any special needs you might have. Each suite is given a golf cart whi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SWard10
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Sward ,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club , and give you a “ one- of a- kind’’ Leading Experience .

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The villas are amazing and huge. We always had staff catering to our every need - maybe too attentive at times. The spa was not a spa and the massages were inferior. The village in town was a joke (no people), but nice store. We are at least 30 minutes away from restaurants and other hotels. The PADI dive operation was sketchy and not up to snuff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank KipL
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Kipl,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your last stay at our Tortuga Bay Hotel. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced throughout your stay. At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Your sincerely,

Cel. (829) 797-1121
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've had the benefit of traveling extensively to beautiful places for pleasure and it is not often that I rank a resort with such high remarks. My daughter got married at the Iberostar Grand with 40 guests a few weeks ago and I knew I'd want a place that was quiet and relaxing after all of the craziness of the wedding. Tortuga Bay was PERFECT! It is definitely the WOW factor for someone wanting to chill, relax, have no one to bother you, etc. The service was outstanding...everyone knew us in the short 2 night stay. The grounds were fabulous, the beach was quiet, a very long beautiful stretch, and was fantastic. The villas are decorated beautifully...as I would call it, casual elegance. High ceilings, canopy bed, large deck to enjoy the stars. We ordered room service both nights and that was the best room service I have ever had. The steak was perfectly cooked as well as everything else. We ate breakfast every morning which was included and that was awesome. We so much enjoyed taking the golf cart around and enjoying the beautiful scenery. The entire resort is pristine...the crew was cleaning up the entire beach every morning. They know how to treat their guests and I am a huge fan now. Thank you Tortuga Bay for helping me to decompress after the wedding!!

Room Tip: The oceanfront villas would be my first choice but we still had a very nice view with the ocean view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelbug185
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Bug,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

From the moment your plane arrives when you are picked up by a cart next to the ladder, until you are taken back to the airplane for your flight home you are pampered by your personal consierges or managers. You can litterally just call and ask for what you would like. Apart of playing golf in some of the most beautiful golf courses you come back to your private villa put your bathing suit on and walk only about 30 meters onto the beatiful Carebean beach. You can after head in your private golf cart to one of the many very good restaurants which were reserved by your manager.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends