“Vacation 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club

Save Saved
You added Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club to your Saves list
Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Punta Cana | Altagracia, Higuey. Dominican Republic, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Deal
Save $150 on select meals
Ranked #3 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Hudson, Ohio
“Vacation 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This location is fanctastic. This was our second year in a row visiting this property. Service and all the immendities are great. Highly recommned this as a private quiet vacation spot. VIP airport service tops it all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Abe ,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Tortuga Bay.

Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “a one – of a kind Leading Experience’’.

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I loved this place and the entire experience. The airport arrival and transfer to our Villa was superior and set the tone for all we experienced. Our villa was a two bedroom and the living area was perfectly sized and beautifully furnished/ decorated. The staff was very accommodating no matter where you were on the property. The villa supervisor consistently checked in to ensure my friend and I were having a good time and not experiencing issues. We spent a lot of time at the Spa. The service was great each time. We were disappointed the Spa did not have a private relaxation room. So, having a "spa day" was not very enjoyable. Non- spa guest frequently walk through the spa. There was an outside pool area where you could relax, but the pool is shared with non- spa guest, was filled with children and families that interrupted relaxation. I suggest making a change there. Otherwise, I loved Tortuga Bay, the staff, the service and the beautiful beach!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Sir ,

Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Tortuga Bay is a boutique hotel within a larger resort. Having been designed by Oscar DeLaurenta, the accomodations are beautiful and they provide everything one could hope for . More importantly, however, is the staff which runs this lovely hotel and anticipates the needs of every guest in an unobtrusive and genuinely gracious manner. For example, minutes after we checked in (a process which occurs in the suite), we went to the beach which is right outside the villas. The staff had already observed that we had beverages in need of chilling. While there was a well stocked minbar in the kitchen, there was no separate refrigerator. When we returned to the suite, there was a refrigerator in the kitchen and our evening drinks were chilled and ready to enjoy. This kind of service was evident throughout the stay. The staff is simply wonderful and seemed to sense the right balance of friendliness and quiet, attentive service without being intrusive.

The beach is beautiful and, once again, the staff provides plenty of water, towels, umbrellas and anything else one wished for both at the private beach and pool. There were some families with children staying at Tortuga, but the need for peace and privacy one expects as this level of resort was maintained.

The spa staff was very attentive, but this is not a spa in the usual sense. There is no locker area, or lounge in which to decompress prior to a treatment or relax afterwards. I had a very nice massage, but really missed the other amenities one expects in a spa such as a steam room, sauna and shower area.

In addition to the beach, we enjoyed snorkeling, swimming in a fresh water reserve and trying the several restaurants on the larger hotel property. The food was very good, not outstanding, but the service was always excellent. The most appealing restaurant was La Yola which is right on the water and has lovely views. It has the feel of a large palapa. Bamboo, the restaurant within Tortuga and only for Tortuga guests does an excellent job at breakfast.

The service provided to and from the airport is outstanding. Tortuga guests are personally escorted through the process coming and going and have the use of a private, air conditioned lounge- very welcome at the busy Punta Cana airport.

We would certainly hope to revisit Tortuga in the future.

Room Tip: I would call ahead to check on any special needs you might have. Each suite is given a golf cart whi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Sward ,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club , and give you a “ one- of a- kind’’ Leading Experience .

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The villas are amazing and huge. We always had staff catering to our every need - maybe too attentive at times. The spa was not a spa and the massages were inferior. The village in town was a joke (no people), but nice store. We are at least 30 minutes away from restaurants and other hotels. The PADI dive operation was sketchy and not up to snuff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Kipl,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your last stay at our Tortuga Bay Hotel. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced throughout your stay. At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Your sincerely,

Cel. (829) 797-1121
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've had the benefit of traveling extensively to beautiful places for pleasure and it is not often that I rank a resort with such high remarks. My daughter got married at the Iberostar Grand with 40 guests a few weeks ago and I knew I'd want a place that was quiet and relaxing after all of the craziness of the wedding. Tortuga Bay was PERFECT! It is definitely the WOW factor for someone wanting to chill, relax, have no one to bother you, etc. The service was outstanding...everyone knew us in the short 2 night stay. The grounds were fabulous, the beach was quiet, a very long beautiful stretch, and was fantastic. The villas are decorated beautifully...as I would call it, casual elegance. High ceilings, canopy bed, large deck to enjoy the stars. We ordered room service both nights and that was the best room service I have ever had. The steak was perfectly cooked as well as everything else. We ate breakfast every morning which was included and that was awesome. We so much enjoyed taking the golf cart around and enjoying the beautiful scenery. The entire resort is pristine...the crew was cleaning up the entire beach every morning. They know how to treat their guests and I am a huge fan now. Thank you Tortuga Bay for helping me to decompress after the wedding!!

Room Tip: The oceanfront villas would be my first choice but we still had a very nice view with the ocean view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Bug,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

From the moment your plane arrives when you are picked up by a cart next to the ladder, until you are taken back to the airplane for your flight home you are pampered by your personal consierges or managers. You can litterally just call and ask for what you would like. Apart of playing golf in some of the most beautiful golf courses you come back to your private villa put your bathing suit on and walk only about 30 meters onto the beatiful Carebean beach. You can after head in your private golf cart to one of the many very good restaurants which were reserved by your manager.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Salomon ,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I recently went to Punta Canta on a big family trip. We started our vacation staying here. The condo was beautiful and situated idealistically right on the beach. Well kept. Very friendly staff. The actual grounds of the resort could use some major work. The first day we were a bit un-nerved by the groundskeepers holding machetes and a run down, vacant looking area of the resort. But the all inclusive breakfast, convenient golf karts, and beautiful restaurants make up for it. The beach is beautiful, however, it is definitely made for couples or more low key groups. If you are looking for lots of music, drinking on the beach, and water sports, good waves, that scene isn't here. However, you can go through this jungle on the resort and swim in beautiful natural spring water ponds, you can rent fishing poles, there is a beautiful golf course, you could go on sunset sails, etc...

To wrap it all up and conclude my review, I would say if you want a calm, quiet beach, and just enjoy the company of the people around you-these villas are beautiful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Rhiannon,

Tel. (809) 959-8229

Been to Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club? Share your experiences!