“Beautiful hotel, great service, mediocre food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club

You added Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club to your Saves list
Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Puntacana Resort & Club, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #5 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Santa Barbara, California
“Beautiful hotel, great service, mediocre food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The villas are amazing and huge. We always had staff catering to our every need - maybe too attentive at times. The spa was not a spa and the massages were inferior. The village in town was a joke (no people), but nice store. We are at least 30 minutes away from restaurants and other hotels. The PADI dive operation was sketchy and not up to snuff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Kipl,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your last stay at our Tortuga Bay Hotel. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced throughout your stay. At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Your sincerely,

Cel. (829) 797-1121

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've had the benefit of traveling extensively to beautiful places for pleasure and it is not often that I rank a resort with such high remarks. My daughter got married at the Iberostar Grand with 40 guests a few weeks ago and I knew I'd want a place that was quiet and relaxing after all of the craziness of the wedding. Tortuga Bay was PERFECT! It is definitely the WOW factor for someone wanting to chill, relax, have no one to bother you, etc. The service was outstanding...everyone knew us in the short 2 night stay. The grounds were fabulous, the beach was quiet, a very long beautiful stretch, and was fantastic. The villas are decorated beautifully...as I would call it, casual elegance. High ceilings, canopy bed, large deck to enjoy the stars. We ordered room service both nights and that was the best room service I have ever had. The steak was perfectly cooked as well as everything else. We ate breakfast every morning which was included and that was awesome. We so much enjoyed taking the golf cart around and enjoying the beautiful scenery. The entire resort is pristine...the crew was cleaning up the entire beach every morning. They know how to treat their guests and I am a huge fan now. Thank you Tortuga Bay for helping me to decompress after the wedding!!

Room Tip: The oceanfront villas would be my first choice but we still had a very nice view with the ocean view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Bug,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club , and give you a “ one- of a- kind’’ Leading Experience .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

From the moment your plane arrives when you are picked up by a cart next to the ladder, until you are taken back to the airplane for your flight home you are pampered by your personal consierges or managers. You can litterally just call and ask for what you would like. Apart of playing golf in some of the most beautiful golf courses you come back to your private villa put your bathing suit on and walk only about 30 meters onto the beatiful Carebean beach. You can after head in your private golf cart to one of the many very good restaurants which were reserved by your manager.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Salomon ,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Tortuga Bay.

Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “a one – of a kind Leading Experience’’.

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I recently went to Punta Canta on a big family trip. We started our vacation staying here. The condo was beautiful and situated idealistically right on the beach. Well kept. Very friendly staff. The actual grounds of the resort could use some major work. The first day we were a bit un-nerved by the groundskeepers holding machetes and a run down, vacant looking area of the resort. But the all inclusive breakfast, convenient golf karts, and beautiful restaurants make up for it. The beach is beautiful, however, it is definitely made for couples or more low key groups. If you are looking for lots of music, drinking on the beach, and water sports, good waves, that scene isn't here. However, you can go through this jungle on the resort and swim in beautiful natural spring water ponds, you can rent fishing poles, there is a beautiful golf course, you could go on sunset sails, etc...

To wrap it all up and conclude my review, I would say if you want a calm, quiet beach, and just enjoy the company of the people around you-these villas are beautiful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Rhiannon,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is the third year in a row that my wife and I have stayed at Tortuga Bay. They literally whisk you through the aiprort when you land. Upon arrival they give you a golf cart and a cell phone dialed directly to your Villa Manager. It is a small, quaint resort with all of the rooms within 50 yards of the ocean. You can get anywhere on the property in mere minutes. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The food at Bamboo restaurant is wonderful. From the Wagyu steaks, duck, risotto and especially the whole Snapper caught locally. Two beautiful and challenging golf courses are tied to the resort. Corales Golf Course is a close second to Pebble Beach with its finishing holes. At the attached La Cana Beach and Golf Club they have a great outdoor restaurant with spectacular views. The spa is top notch with their Signature Massage rounding out the perfect stay. The staff is friendly with minimal turnover. Everyone remembers our names from prior visits. Hats off to Vincenzo Calcerano and his staff. They are friendly and welcoming. We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Mark,

Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Tortuga Bay Punta Cana is a refined, intimate, exclusive, luxury hotel, with a wide beach (a rare thing in Costa del Coco). This is not an all-inclusive resort as the Punta Cana’s tourists are used to. The hotel is a mix of tropical luxury and Dominican hospitality ideal for bon viveurs, for golf lovers, as well as for honeymooners. To stay in one of 15 villas designed by the famous Oscar de la Renta is a dream come true. I really enjoyed the elegant rooms, decorated in a colonial style in soft colors of white, beige, yellow, green and salmon, all in perfect harmony with the green tropical vegetation. It’s a great feeling to be able to drink your perfect Dominican coffee on your terrace and admire the lovely view of the ocean and the private white beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Eturia,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am a business traveler so I have fairly high expectations when I travel. I read Trip Advisor reviews but have never felt compelled to write a review until staying at Tortuga Bay(TB). Leading up to this vacation, I cant tell you how excited I was based on the reviews. Here a few of the highlights; airport service...its all real...while the masses are shuttled through like cattle, we were picked up on the tarmac in a golf cart...10 minutes later we had our luggage and were in a van on the way to TB, another 10 minutes later we were in the lobby...unreal. The Villa Manager service was awesome; Belkie provided the kind of service I have only seen on Life Styles of the Rich and Famous. Loved having our own golf cart to get around. Our room was spacious, comfortable and cleaned meticulously (and straightened up again with the turn-down service). Corales Golf Club was Grade A;. After logging 43 of the top 100 golf course in the US I found the newest member of my top 5 in Corales Golf Club. Great service, caddy program was amazing, food was amazing, and the views and condition...I thought I was in a tropic Cypress Point. Wifi, everywhere....even on the beach...cigars, plenty and fresh. Juan, Miguel and Manuel and the team at Bamboo (continental breakfast) were amazing, great way to start and end the day One morning I asked for coconut water....2 minutes later someone climbed a tree and got me fresh cocnut watert...no joke. These guys could not have been more friendly, I can honestly tell you that I will miss their company. I had the pleasure to meet the Manager of the facility, Mr. Vincent Calcerano. Truly a gentleman who is running an amazing program and I cant speak highly enough about the new meaning of service that I learned on this trip. Top of the line service while some how not feeling pushy. My wife enjoyed two trips to the spa, again good service, impeccably clean and friendly. I hadn't been on a dive in a good few years, Marc and his team at the dive shop made me so comfortable that I did two amazing dives. I have been on dives in the past where they are just trying to make a few bucks. instead we worked on getting comfortable and had a once in a life time experience...Thank you Marc and team for getting my sea lungs back. The ecological park was enjoyable as well. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic, relaxing retreat with first class service, golf and spa then TB is the place for you

Room Tip: Get a room with the outdoor tub, great way to end a day!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Sandaman,

Tel. (809) 959-8229

Been to Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club? Share your experiences!