“Our favorite place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club

You added Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club to your Saves list
Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Puntacana Resort & Club, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #5 of 99 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas
“Our favorite place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is the third year in a row that my wife and I have stayed at Tortuga Bay. They literally whisk you through the aiprort when you land. Upon arrival they give you a golf cart and a cell phone dialed directly to your Villa Manager. It is a small, quaint resort with all of the rooms within 50 yards of the ocean. You can get anywhere on the property in mere minutes. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The food at Bamboo restaurant is wonderful. From the Wagyu steaks, duck, risotto and especially the whole Snapper caught locally. Two beautiful and challenging golf courses are tied to the resort. Corales Golf Course is a close second to Pebble Beach with its finishing holes. At the attached La Cana Beach and Golf Club they have a great outdoor restaurant with spectacular views. The spa is top notch with their Signature Massage rounding out the perfect stay. The staff is friendly with minimal turnover. Everyone remembers our names from prior visits. Hats off to Vincenzo Calcerano and his staff. They are friendly and welcoming. We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Mark,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club , and give you a “ one- of a- kind’’ Leading Experience .

Tel. (809) 959-8229

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Tortuga Bay Punta Cana is a refined, intimate, exclusive, luxury hotel, with a wide beach (a rare thing in Costa del Coco). This is not an all-inclusive resort as the Punta Cana’s tourists are used to. The hotel is a mix of tropical luxury and Dominican hospitality ideal for bon viveurs, for golf lovers, as well as for honeymooners. To stay in one of 15 villas designed by the famous Oscar de la Renta is a dream come true. I really enjoyed the elegant rooms, decorated in a colonial style in soft colors of white, beige, yellow, green and salmon, all in perfect harmony with the green tropical vegetation. It’s a great feeling to be able to drink your perfect Dominican coffee on your terrace and admire the lovely view of the ocean and the private white beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Eturia,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am a business traveler so I have fairly high expectations when I travel. I read Trip Advisor reviews but have never felt compelled to write a review until staying at Tortuga Bay(TB). Leading up to this vacation, I cant tell you how excited I was based on the reviews. Here a few of the highlights; airport service...its all real...while the masses are shuttled through like cattle, we were picked up on the tarmac in a golf cart...10 minutes later we had our luggage and were in a van on the way to TB, another 10 minutes later we were in the lobby...unreal. The Villa Manager service was awesome; Belkie provided the kind of service I have only seen on Life Styles of the Rich and Famous. Loved having our own golf cart to get around. Our room was spacious, comfortable and cleaned meticulously (and straightened up again with the turn-down service). Corales Golf Club was Grade A;. After logging 43 of the top 100 golf course in the US I found the newest member of my top 5 in Corales Golf Club. Great service, caddy program was amazing, food was amazing, and the views and condition...I thought I was in a tropic Cypress Point. Wifi, everywhere....even on the beach...cigars, plenty and fresh. Juan, Miguel and Manuel and the team at Bamboo (continental breakfast) were amazing, great way to start and end the day One morning I asked for coconut water....2 minutes later someone climbed a tree and got me fresh cocnut watert...no joke. These guys could not have been more friendly, I can honestly tell you that I will miss their company. I had the pleasure to meet the Manager of the facility, Mr. Vincent Calcerano. Truly a gentleman who is running an amazing program and I cant speak highly enough about the new meaning of service that I learned on this trip. Top of the line service while some how not feeling pushy. My wife enjoyed two trips to the spa, again good service, impeccably clean and friendly. I hadn't been on a dive in a good few years, Marc and his team at the dive shop made me so comfortable that I did two amazing dives. I have been on dives in the past where they are just trying to make a few bucks. instead we worked on getting comfortable and had a once in a life time experience...Thank you Marc and team for getting my sea lungs back. The ecological park was enjoyable as well. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic, relaxing retreat with first class service, golf and spa then TB is the place for you

Room Tip: Get a room with the outdoor tub, great way to end a day!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Sandaman,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Tortuga Bays staff were phenomenal. The spa services were excellent. The beach service excellent and the staff at the restaurant closest to the villas we stayed in the best. Highlight: coming home after dinner in town to a candlelit bubble bath left as a thank you for our stay.
Low note: service and food was a far lower quality at the restaurant at the spa and golf course pro shop. Bad service actually two times and food just so so. Restaurant at villas excellent. We had two private BBQs at the villa itself that were very good also.
SPECIAL NOTE: AIRPORT VIP CHECK IN A MUST If you don't get the VIP checkin service your entire vacation might be ruined by that experience alone - three people on my return flight said they would not come back to DR due to the multi hour 2-3 hr process w thousands of people on a Saturday crushing service capability as status quo. Tortuga bay will meet you on Tarmac and take you past the thousand people in 10-15 minutes same w outbound.

AAA diamond rating was deserved

• Stayed April 2013
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Chazzarama,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I can truly say that this was our best vacation ever. From the minute we stepped off the plane it was amazing and we had a very hard time leaving. One week was not enough. Our villa manager surprised us on the night of my birthday with balloons and a birthday cake!! The service, drinks and meals were superb. We left relaxed and planning a trip back. Thank you for a fantastic vacation

• Stayed May 2013
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs.Gosiaan,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed recently at tortuga bay. The airport transfer in first class, truly VIP , however the resort itself is not worth 1000k a night. The food quality is truly terrible. Seems all frozen and defrosted . They need a quality chef with quality ingredients , the rest of the property is compleltly deserted . Lots of staff but not properly trained. Ac units in the villa are extremely loud. Dates, villas need to be renovated , when I thought Oscar de la renta decorated the villas I expected beautifully furnished units. All in all, beautiful setting, service and food need major improvement .

• Stayed May 2013
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Mr / Mrs.Exoticlife ,

Ref: Your comments 12/05/2013.

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on Tripadvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.
We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you have experienced.

At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent any future occurrences. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future and give you a "Leading Experience".

Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Phenomenal golf, accommodations second to none. Tremendous food. Excellent! Recommend for groups, couples, and families. 3rd trip to resort and it gets better and better! Bars, spas and golf all amazing

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Michael,

Tel. (809) 959-8229

Been to Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club? Share your experiences!