“AMAZING!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club

Save Saved
You added Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club to your Saves list
Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Punta Cana | Altagracia, Higuey. Dominican Republic, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Atlanta, Georgia
“AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Rented a two bedroom Villa. It was spacious and beautiful. Very clean. The staff was so very nice and remembered our names and called us by name. The grounds were 'heaven on earth!' The landscape was very well-kepted. The restaurants were clean and the food was delicious. The cocktails were a little different from what we were used to getting. They only use the local rum. The golf courses were fabulous! The pools are small, but never crowded. They service at the beach was excellent. There were the cutest (and helpful) Ball Boys on the tennis courts. The Cabana Boys at the beach brought us fresh coconut milk each day. We will return!!

Room Tip: We recommend staying in a Villa. They are very private!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Chelle,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club , and give you a “ one- of a- kind’’ Leading Experience .

vcalcerano@puntacana.com
Tel. (809) 959-8229

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is an all-inclusive resort that apparently aims to keep its visitors confused but happy. We were never clear on which rooms or suites were part of which property, or which amenities were available to us. We were in a duplex villa, but had only reserved (for a last minute trip) a suite, which I assume was in a hotel building somewhere. We had our own golf cart to get around, but we were never quite sure how far afield we could go. At one point, we ended up in a nearby community of homes which were mostly new and for sale. Restaurants and other amenities are strewn about randomly, and signage is inconsistent.
That said, we had a terrific time. The beach is short and has to be cleaned of seaweed regularly, but the weather was wonderful, and we just wanted to relax for a romantic couple of days, which we did. The service at the restaurants was impeccable.
I do have to mention - the service where they meet you at the steps of the plane, and guide you through customs privately, skipping everyone in line from every plane including your own, is incomparable. I've never experienced anything like that in the world, and I've no idea how they manage it. It seems almost indecent.

Room Tip: I was so confused, I couldn't possibly give anyone helpful tips on this.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Kevin,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests.

Would you please be more specific about the confusion of the amenities we really appreciate your comments.

vcalcerano@puntacana.com
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

From being greeted by the VIP Tortuga Bay agent steps away from diembarking our flight our stay exceeded our 1st time visit to this resort and the D.R.
The property was immaculate in a beautiful setting with kind and well trained staff. Tortuga Bay is one property within the "Grupo PUNTACANA".
An important fact is their commitment to environmental protection/ethics. Their Puntacana Ecological Foundation has a water conservation/treatment facility, recycling program together with the airport with the objective to become a zero discharge community.
The beautiful golf courses use seagrass paspulum grass that can be irrigated with salt water. They have a solid waste program - waste water is treated and used to water the gardens. The "Grupo" also does much in the way of building schools and providing job training. We spoke to employees who said they are provided with special health insurance and are proud to work for this group.
My husband and I are always concerned how staff are treated; we are happy to report that this was a property that cares about it's people, environmental protection for its country, and it's tourism.
Good going Oscar de la Renta, Julio Iglesias, Vincenzo Calcerano, and the team at Tortuga Bay!We look forward to returning with friends next year!
Note: it was my birthday and our building manager surprised me with very special treats! Gracias.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Travlr,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on TripAdvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wow what a jewel in the Dominican Republic, a bit expensive but worth the stay. This resort is only within 5 minutes from Punta Cana Airport. The staff makes you feel at home, and their facilities are top notch. I will absolutely go back to Tortuga Bay in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Daniel,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on Tripadvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Let me start by saying, the place is simply amazing. We have been to good resorts in Carribean before, but this was the best till date. Great rooms, spectacular views, delicious food - the perfect retreat.

From the time you arrive at the airport, there is a representative to greet you and whisks you to the front of the immigration and customs lines. In to the car, and you are offered cold beer/ water on your 5 min ride to the property.

Once we reached the property however, the experience wasnt the best. We arrived at 12 30 and were taken to the dining room for lunch, since the room was getting cleaned up. The food in the ining room was above average, but there were flies buzzing around and sitting on the food. Not expected from such a high end resort. Also, we were made to wait till 3:20, till they finally gave us the room. Was a bit of a trouble with our 4month old daughter.

Once we got the room however, all our grudges vanished. We had the ocean facing 2 bedroom suite and the room was literally 3500sq ft or more. Huge veranda, leading onto lush green, and the sand. The water was 15 steps away from the room and the beach was BEAUTIFUL. Inside the room, they had already placed a crib for our daughter, there was a huge fruit basket to welcome us etc.

After that everything was immaculate - the restaurants (we tried the stakehouse, seafOod one and Paya Blanca) were very good (esp the cheesecake is to die for), the staff were always smiling and willing to help out, villa managers were always at our service (and even went to the village to get band aids when we needed them), sp mention to the beach staff Andres - he almost became like an extended family member.

Breakfast in the main dining room was included in the room rate, but the spread was exactly the same every day. The last day we ordered breakfast in bed. We had filled in the card and hung it outside our room before midnight, mentioning a time of 7am. At 7 40 when the food was still not there, we called the dining room only to be told that they havent started with our order yet. So we had to go to the dining room to get food.

But overall one of the best vacations till date.

Room Tip: Pay the extra amount to get a oceanfront suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Deblina ,

On behalf of the Tortuga Bay team members & myself, I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the confusion with your in room breakfast that you & your family experienced during your visit to our Hotel.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Tortuga Bay. Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests.

I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “a one – of a kind Leading Experience’’.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic and we stayed at Tortuga Bay Hotel. Let me start by saying,"I would go back there today" if I could. My husband and I have gone to a different Caribbean resort every year for the past 6 years. We enjoyed each one for different reasons but this time we found the resort we will go back to for many years.

We had lovely accommodations with wonderful views of the sunrise over the beautiful blue sea. The room has all the amenities you might want. You are given a golf cart and bicycles to use during your stay. Most of the other reviews that have been written tell you about this great hotel and it's physical beauty but I would like to tell you what impressed us the most.

This resort has been managed perfectly.The most impressive staff of any place we have visited.
They we such a warm and welcoming group who were always one step ahead of us. When we were leaving we felt as if we were leaving friends we had known for many years.I thank all of the staff for their very warm welcome and I hope they all remain there for many years.
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Vincenzo Calcerano for all that he does as general manager to make this resort the BEST!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Perup ,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

his is one of the most beautiful resorts we've ever been to around the world. The staff is extremely friendly and courteous, always asking if everything is to our liking and making sure to fill every request, although sometimes a little slowly, but it is the Caribbean and you are on vacation.
The ocean front junior suite is truly exceptional. Second floor huge room with king bed facing floor to ceiling windows, with 2 full bathrooms one with shower stall and one with tub, two balconies, one with a 2 person jacuzzi tub, free Wi-Fi and every amenity you could want. Two beautiful golf courses right there and water sports, tennis, fitness center and spa. The grounds were immaculate.
Also the personal service at the airport is mind blowing. Pick you up right at the plane steps, whisk you away in a cart, personally get you through immigration and customs with no waiting in lines and then right into a van to take you to the resort within minutes where a personal concierge goes with you in your golf cart to use during your entire stay and escorts you to your room to sign in and explain everything including your own cell phone to contact her/him anytime/anyplace for assistance, etc.
With only 35 suites or so, it feels like your have the place to yourself. Many times we were at the pool or on the beach with no one else around. Truly for those who like privacy.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. VSR ,

Tel. (809) 959-8229

Been to Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club? Share your experiences!