“R&R at it's best!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club

You added Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club to your Saves list
Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Punta Cana | Altagracia, Higuey. Dominican Republic, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
NY
“R&R at it's best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic and we stayed at Tortuga Bay Hotel. Let me start by saying,"I would go back there today" if I could. My husband and I have gone to a different Caribbean resort every year for the past 6 years. We enjoyed each one for different reasons but this time we found the resort we will go back to for many years.

We had lovely accommodations with wonderful views of the sunrise over the beautiful blue sea. The room has all the amenities you might want. You are given a golf cart and bicycles to use during your stay. Most of the other reviews that have been written tell you about this great hotel and it's physical beauty but I would like to tell you what impressed us the most.

This resort has been managed perfectly.The most impressive staff of any place we have visited.
They we such a warm and welcoming group who were always one step ahead of us. When we were leaving we felt as if we were leaving friends we had known for many years.I thank all of the staff for their very warm welcome and I hope they all remain there for many years.
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Vincenzo Calcerano for all that he does as general manager to make this resort the BEST!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Perup ,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.

I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “a one – of a kind Leading Experience’’.

Tel. (809) 959-8229

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

his is one of the most beautiful resorts we've ever been to around the world. The staff is extremely friendly and courteous, always asking if everything is to our liking and making sure to fill every request, although sometimes a little slowly, but it is the Caribbean and you are on vacation.
The ocean front junior suite is truly exceptional. Second floor huge room with king bed facing floor to ceiling windows, with 2 full bathrooms one with shower stall and one with tub, two balconies, one with a 2 person jacuzzi tub, free Wi-Fi and every amenity you could want. Two beautiful golf courses right there and water sports, tennis, fitness center and spa. The grounds were immaculate.
Also the personal service at the airport is mind blowing. Pick you up right at the plane steps, whisk you away in a cart, personally get you through immigration and customs with no waiting in lines and then right into a van to take you to the resort within minutes where a personal concierge goes with you in your golf cart to use during your entire stay and escorts you to your room to sign in and explain everything including your own cell phone to contact her/him anytime/anyplace for assistance, etc.
With only 35 suites or so, it feels like your have the place to yourself. Many times we were at the pool or on the beach with no one else around. Truly for those who like privacy.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. VSR ,

I will share your comments with my team members!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Tortuga Bay or Turtle Bay, known for this location where giant sea turtles come during the month of September to lay their eggs, is a spectacular vacation spot. From the time you arrive at the airport, there is a representative from the resort to greet you. The rep whisks you up to the front of the passport inspection line, past other Punta Cana vacationers because they own the airport. From the airport you are taken in a private van to the resort in about 7 minutes time. After reception at the front gate, you are taken to you accommodations by golf cart which you are assigned for the duration of your stay so you can move about the resort area at your leisure. We stayed in one of the two story villas right on the ocean. Spectacular to say the least. It had a beautiful terrace that overlooked the ocean where you could dine and have breakfast, lunch or dinner. The beach was beyond beautiful and picture perfect. The only down side to the resort was that food was not included like most resorts in Punta Cana, but each of the restaurants, that were easily accessible by your golf cart, had some really good food, drinks and service. Upon your return home and arrival to the airport you are taken to a special waiting lounge just for Tortuga Bay guests where you can have cocktails, food and watch TV. When it comes time for your flight you are whisked past the security lines and taken by golf cart right to the steps of your plane-while others walk to the plane.
This spot is a place you won't forget-a truly beautiful vacation spot.

• Stayed January 2013
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Commander ,

On behalf team members and Vincenzo Calcerano, General Manager of Tortuga Bay Punta Cana Resort & Club, thank you for taking the time to complete our guest comment form on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “Leading” Experience.

Tortuga Bay Puntacana resort & Club
vcalcerano@puntacana.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just back from a wonderful stay with my husband. The room was beautiful and exactly what I was hoping for. In fact, the location and view far exceeded my expectations. The beach is beautiful, the food is great, the breeze hypnotic and the springs rejuvenating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. MKSJRC,

On behalf of our team members & myself , thank you for taking the time to write to me and comment on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay on Tripadvisor It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

vcalcerano@puntacana.com
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Thought we'd try another resort for a change from the excellent Tortuga Bay. MISTAKE !! After one hour, we knew we'd have to pack our things and RUN to Tortuga Bay.

The 8-hour trip to Punta Cana from our home in Ohio makes it necessary that we enjoy our stay. It was no small decision to cancel our stay at Sivory. Every complaint noted about Sivory is true. (Which I might add, the management at Sivory accepted our cancellation and wish to leave with grace and professionalism. Again, see their reviews for some sense of our stay at Sivory.)

Without getting lengthy, Tortuga Bay is wonderful. The service is stellar; rooms are lovely; the beach is immaculate and we will never consider another resort in the DR ever again!

Room Tip: A Villa with an ocean view is most convenient to the beach, however all villas are great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Brains,

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Tortuga Bay. Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a "a one - of a kind Leading Experience''.

Tel. (809) 959-8229 Ext. 7220
Cel. (829) 797-1121
Fax (809) 959-8230
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at TB for 5 nights at the beginning of February. Having stayed in Punta Cana previously, TB is simply the best property in terms of accommodation, privacy, quiet and particularly, the outstanding service. If you are a golfer, this is the place to stay. La Cana (27 holes) and Corales are world class golf courses. Both are 5 minutes away. I highly recommend this property.

Carla, Adrianna, Daniel, Caesar, TT, Monica, Johnnie are just some of the great people who helped make our stay spectacular.

• Stayed February 2013
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Kei ,

Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Smaller facility with approximately 31 villas that have one huge bedroom upstairs with TWO full exceptional bathrooms (that was a first for us). The two bedrooms and living room under neath were adjoining and exceptional. Great decorations and very well kept. You have read about the expedited airport service...a huge plus. All rooms have a separate cell phone that goes to directly to personal concierge who was off the charts good. Staff tries very hard to please and does an exceptional job. We ate at Bamboo for free breakfast (good), La Playa Blanca (short 5 minute van ride) to great lunch and beach club with lots of Europeans. Gorgeous beech and great walking for about 1 mile on the beach right outside your door. We stay at a lot of 5 star facilities around the world and this is very solid. Food service levels could improve and be a little faster and more attentive but maybe we just need to "chill" more.

Room Tip: We like the ocean front rooms on the 2nd floor with the 2 bathrooms, very spacious and beautifully a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Steve,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Tortuga Bay Hotel on Tripadvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from your weeding at Tortuga Bay!

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Once more, thank you for your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you again at Tortuga Bay Puntacana Resort & Club , and give you a “ one- of a- kind’’ Leading Experience on your weeding anniversary .

Tel. (809) 959-8229 Ext. 7220
Cel. (829) 797-1121
Fax (809) 959-8230

Been to Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club? Share your experiences!