“5 for 5 and ready for 6th visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club

Save Saved
You added Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club to your Saves list
Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Punta Cana | Altagracia, Higuey. Dominican Republic, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Special Deal
Save $150 on select meals
Ranked #2 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
boston
“5 for 5 and ready for 6th visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I had to write this after seeing the recent review were things were described as "awful"
Cant believe that is written by a true guest (maybe a competitor?)

If you have an issue with anything at this hotel, the villa manager will be right there to get it resolved if possible (some guests may be impossible to please!)

My wife and I will be making our 6th visit to TBH in November over the past 3 years. I travel the world for business and I use our time here for absolute relaxation and challenging golf.

The management and staff at TBH are what make this a super place to visit. We cant wait to go back next month. 25/30% of the guests are returnees which shows why it is so highly rated on this site.

If you can, go play golf next door at Cap Cana's punta espada (correctly rated #1 course in Carribean/Mexico). Much cheaper if you go and play from 2pm on). Also consider going to dinner at Mitre one night there just to walk around the Cap Cana Marina.

Another day trip is to go up north 1 hour and do the dune buggy ride on Macau beach (first there 30 years ago when I was a Peace Corps Vol. in the DR).

Have fun here and enjoy the DR!

dd

Room Tip: get ocean front villa and choose the second floor rooms
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
12th October 2011

Greeting from all the team members

On behalf of team members of Tortuga Bay Punta Cana Resort & Club, thank you for taking the time to complete our guest comment form on your recent stay at Tortuga Bay.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were met or exceeded and that you will return to us when you next visit at Tortuga Bay. Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in November, and give you a “Leading” Experience.

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Everything that could go wrong went wrong! We were given a dirty bug infested room, and it took 4 day after we had first complained about it before the manager came to see the room. They then downgraded us to a smaller room and would not reinburse the difference. We will not be returning!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
30rd of September 2011

Greeting from Tortuga Bay,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us through Trip advisor why your stay at the Tortuga Bay did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve every maintenance issue, you must understand we are in the tropics and it is extremely difficult to control mother nature.

Would you please give me more information about your stay; In which villa did you stay in July to identify the staff involved. You mentioned you have spoken to the General Manager, I don’t recall or have any record of the incident my email is vcalcerano@puntacana.com.

I wish to make my best attempt in regaining your confidence in our hotel and I would like to invite you to Tortuga Bay for 3 days anytime at your convenience, depending on availability and experience the 5 star feeling you certainly deserve to have.

We have already evaluated how we can prevent these problems from occurring again in the future.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience we have caused you. Again, I highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a happy guest.

It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and will hope to serve you again soon.

new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We were at this wonderful resort last November and were so happy we are going back with our entire family in a month. We are golfers so getting the golf experience and playing at the Corales was a treat...a beautiful course along the ocean. The staff at Tortuga is very nice and helpful and speak better English than at other resorts at Punta Cana. Getting off and on the plane (customs, security) is very easy with the hotel's help. Breakfasts are very good. The exercise area could use more equipment but isn't used that much. The biggest issue here is getting hot water in our room...a continuing issue. Dinner at the hotel is pleasant enough but if you want more easygoing take your golf cart to the adjacent punta cana resort or for a nice view dinner at the marina.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
24th September 2011

Dear Sir,

At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in the future, and give you a “Leading” Experience.

Warm regards
Los Angeles,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Just returned from Tortuga Bay last night . We are going to Tortuga for 3 years now. I was very concerned & scared of hurricane Irene, so we called hotel and were told not to worry, weather was perfect. Few hours later we got a call from general manager Mr. Vincenzo Calcerano. Wow !!! That is what I call "superb customer service". He told us,that DR is safe to travel , there is no rain or storm etc. Whatever he said was true,indeed. Mr.Vincenzo is most efficient ,professional, multilingual general manager. Also a very pleasant gentleman. Whenever he met us on the property, he made sure we were happy and satisfied with everysingle thing. I can't describe romantic dinner by the beach he planned for us !!!! I cried , it was fabulous !!!!!!!!! It takes THE perfect manager to run this perfect hotel with it perfect team.We stayed a week, enjoyed every second and we are already planning next trip with family & friends. Food was great too. We always had lunch in Bamboo. Most of the dinners -in Italian restaurant mamma LUISA in the Village as every year. Villa managers are always doing great job. Thank you everybody. Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
17th September 2011

NJ, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We planned a large (18 person) family trip and chose Tortuga Bay. We had 3 three bedroom villas on the beach that were impeccable. They are furnished well and were clean and well kept. The staff is attentive to every need and could not have been more helpful or nicer. For example, our children asked for beach toys...and were given these as well as tubes, snorkels, bicycles, etc.....without our involvement. The golf carts for resort transportation are a lot of fun and contribute to the experience. The property is huge, with great jogging trails and views. Activities we enjoyed were the ecological reserve (swimming in the water 'ponds') and the segway tours. We did not play golf, but heard from others it was also excellent.

Only two issues. First, although the beach looks great it always seems to get plants (algae), and there are areas with coral that hurt to walk in the water if you are not careful. Second, we enjoyed their breakfast restaurant Bamboo (which is great), and the Grill (for lunch), but we did not enjoy dinner at either Franco (pizza/Italian) or La Yola (seafood). La Yola food was just ok but very overpriced. The resort did provide free transportation to a nice shopping area where there were three pretty good restaurants. The best was Mama Luisa's.

Overall it is a very quiet, secluded 5 star resort where we would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
17th September 2011

bloomfield hills, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Tortuga Bay is beautiful. The grounds are lovely. The rooms are very beautiful and spotless. The staff was incredible...Beddy at the bar was amazing. He was friendly and worked hard every minute on the job...as did all of the people who worked at this beautiful resort. The were attentive and extrememly friendly. It is very quiet here. We would come back however, we would stay only 7 days instead of 10. There is not a lot to do. There is not a lot of variety at the restaurants and with their menus so the food got to be a bit tiresome...It was excellent...but, by day 8..we would have liked more variety.
The best part of our day was heading over to the bar at the pool for happy hour with our friendly waiters...starting with Beddy...they made our day!
The BIG negative at this resort was the very unfriendly manager, Vincenzo. He had zero personality with the people paying thousands of dollars staying at his hotel. The atmosphere and mood of his employees would TOTALLY change as he walked into the area...it was SOOO sad. He was a very miserable man. We are considering coming again this April, however, the only thing that is stopping me is that I swore I would never go back to Tortuga Bay because of this groucy man!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
vcalcerano, General Manager at Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at
Tortuga Bay on the Trip Advisor website.

I am very proud to hear that your experience at Tortuga Bay was
excellent and of course I will share these comments with my team.

Concerning myself, I truly regret not being able to meet your
expectations, but I assure you that on your next visit, I will do my
best to be more sympathetic and exceed your expectations.

At the same time, I want to share with you that I have been working at
Tortuga Bay for the past 5 years and have been successful in creating
this incredible team. I appreciate your comments regarding my persona
and hope to be able to improve upon your impression of me at your next
visit.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Tortuga Bay in
April!

Warm regards,

Vincenzo Calcerano
Biella, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

After three nights spent in the sister Punta cana resort & club we moved to Tortuga Bay for a week.
Comments about food,sea and landscape are the same of the ones I put on the comment made for Punta Cana resort & club. If you stay in Tortuga Bay you can go also to the Bamboo Restaurant that is a beautiful restaurant set in the middle of the Hotel, close to the swimming pool, gym and Jacuzzi. Great breakfast waits for you each morning and if you want to spend more than in the other restaurants of the complex you can find elegant dinner and good lunch.
Rooms are actually very nice villas most of them ocean front, very well appointed, with beautiful patio where table, chairs and sun beds find place. Housekeeping is great and the villa manager can help you in everything.
We enjoyed each moment spent here using bikes, cart and kayak that come with the accomodation. The only thing but, it is obviously not fault of the Hotel, was the beach, hit by a strange storm of seaweeds.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Tortuga Bay Hotel Puntacana Resort & Club? Share your experiences!