We just came back from our wedding. We had a wonderful day and week.
The service was amazing, catered to every need we had. We brought our 2 year old daughter and they made sure she was happy and well looked after. Whenever we needed a drink they either brought them to us or we had lovely service at the many bars.
Our room was perfect, seating area was a great size for a playpen that they provided and the bed was very comfortable.
The grounds were beautiful and always kept up. We even had a worker climb a coconut tree and throw us one to our balcony.
Our wedding coordinator was great, she helped us to cancel a photographer and get a great one within our budget. She helped organize everything to make it less stressful for us. The day of the wedding was beautiful. I had my flowers delivered to my room, and if I did complain about anything it would be that they were not as lovely as I would have hoped, they were starting to brown, but they photographed well. Our photographer was amazing, great ideas, beautiful shots, hard to choose at the end. Our location was the garden, it was a little more private than the other locations. Still had onlookers that took pictures, but it just made us feel like celebrities. We had a judge and pastor Rick York marry us, highly recommend having both as the judge was in Spanish (translated by the wedding coordinator) and was short. The dinner at the Steak house was good, not great. The cake was amazing, We had a three layer square cake, two layers white, top chocolate, so yummy, bast wedding cake we have ever had. The chair covers and sashes were provided at the ceremony and dinner and they were perfect, matched our colors very well. After dinner we went down to the entertainment area where they had a band playing and we asked for a wedding song. They played one for us, and all the guests sat and watched us dance, we had the floor to ourselves. We received a gift and shirts and a nice letter from the hotel. We also had a couples message, only 30 minutes, not long enough.
Highly recommend the Micheal Jackson show, the sunrise and Sammy Sosa drink, red wine, and the beer and the Krystal restaurant. We also went to the disco, had a great time dancing with the staff and friends, great music. We also went to Hang Gliding, so much fun.
We bought a fairly big painting that they wanted $225 for and paid $45 and they threw in a smaller one for free, so don't pay what they ask, haggle them down.
Many thanks to all the staff at the resort.
Also many thanks to our friends and family that joined us on this special trip and wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana