Reviewer from: Rhode Island
Dates of vacation: 10/8/2006-10/15/2006
What can we say about this particular Riu? Magnificent comes to mind. Everything was beautiful and we were more than just satisfied with our stay here. This makes 4 times that we have stayed at a Riu Palace. The 1st three were in Mexico and this 4th time here. If I had to critique this hotel there would only be a few minor complaints. After returning home and unpacking, all our clothes smelled of mustiness even my sunglasses case. I can't understand that since this is a new establishment. It was never that noticeable when entering and staying in the room. The other complaint would be that of all the restaurants there, the Italian one fell quite short of what I would have perceived it to be. The pasta entree which was supposed to be in a wine cream sauce was extremely bland. However, the pasta appetizer in the Gourmet Restaurant was extremely good. Go figure! We are attributing it to the fact that the resort is still in its infancy stages and the kinks need to be ironed out. Not to single any one out but there are a few people on the staff that need recognition for going above and beyond. Reymundo & Rossmary at the front desk, Salvadore the Maitre'de, Francisca the waitperson in the main restaurant and Santa, our maid. They were terrific!! Only one other complaint I would point out is that they do not have any fun activities on the beach like their sister hotels which we also visited and were almost as nice. I did approach the Activites Director who basically said it was because the hotel is a Palace and more upper scale. I refuted this statement since I know that the Palace in Mexico to which we have been 3 times DOES indeed have fun activities on the beach which, by the way, is spectacular with its NEVER gets hot coral sand! On the overall scale of 1-10, I would give this breathtaking resort a 9!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana