Myself and my boyfriend stayed in the Riu Palace for 2 weeks at the beginning of September and we both agree that we have never had a better holiday. After reading the reviews before i went i began to wonder if we had made a mistake in travelling so far and spending so much money on a holiday. Within the first minute of stepping into the Hotel all fears disappeared and in fact i was extremely annoyed at the reviews the Hotel have been unfairly given.
The Hotel itself is very grand with lots of fountains, marble floors, piano bar etc and the detail that goes in to the upkeep is unbelievable, especially as its only a few months old. Every day we saw staff polishing all the Iron around the stairs or chairs or cleaning the pathways, it is immaculate! All the same details as everyone else has written, fantastic beach - miles of white sand and plenty of free water sports to do, 2 large pools, plenty of sunbeds to get. After a long lie one day we were still able to choose from loads of beds after 12pm.
The reviews on the staff are also unjustified, we did not meet one rude/ignorant staff member in our whole 2 weeks. We did notice though that they dont speak as much English as other Dominican resorts weve been to and i wonder if this is why they have been labelled as ignorant? We found that by just uttering a few Spanish words such as please and thank you guaranteed a smile, a chat and excellent service. The food is also a plus point with so much to choose from every night. I would highly recommend moving around the A-La Carte restaurants during the holiday as a couple we met ate constantly in the Buffet restaurant and found it a bit repetitive by the end of the 2 weeks. Our recommendations are Sir Oscar - must be tried for the best fine dining ive ever had and the Steak House was also fantastic. The only down side of our holiday was the attitude of other Holiday makers, namely the Americans. They were very demanding of the staff and often asked for things without a please or thank you. What particularly annoyed me was they way they spoke to staff, speaking to them as if they were of a lower class. We also found it very difficult to book the A La Carte restaurants during our second week as the Americans refused to eat in the Buffet restaurant and booked out all of the restaurants every night. Unfortuantely the Hotel cant do anything about this as the bookings are made on a first come first served basis. I dont mean for anyone to take offence at this comment, i am not judging everyone from America in this way. I just found their attitude very disappointing and offensive.
I really hope anyone considering going to this hotel wont be put off by negative comments posted on this Site. It really is a fantastic hotel where your every need is catered for. We would go back in a second. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana