It has taken me over two months to write this review because I really dont like giving a hotel a bad review. We have stayed in Punta Cana over 10 times at different hotels and we have never really had any problems.
I will start with the arrival. When we arrived it was quite late and the check really wasnt that bad. Like some people have said they didnt get a cocktail well we did and that was nice. Our luggage was taken to our room which was quite close to the beach which I loved but I hate to say it the smell in the room was really bad. The room was clean but I have never smelled mildew that bad in any other hotel. We decided to say oh well lets go get a drink .
Sleeping that night was really hard for us as the bed was hard as nails and I lifted up the comforter and the mold was so thick I had to take it off. The next day I asked the maid to please change it, she did but the other one was just as bad.
The maid service was okay we tipped her everyday and she was really sweet. We stayed two weeks at this hotel and by the 2nd half of the last week I was ready to go home and we have never felt this before.
The bar staff and buffet staff were some of the best people we have ever met and they actually made our trip for us. Especially the pool bar and the evening buffet.
Another thing you should be careful of is the floors in the lunch buffet by the beach I slipped and broke 2 toes on this floor. They really need to do something about this.
The food was not very good but we did not starve and I was not getting up at 6.00am to book a specialty restaurant.
About 5 years ago we stayed at the bambu next door and the food there was better.
All in all I would not go back to this hotel as there are much better ones and we have stayed at them. Its a shame I had to write this review as we were looking forward to going. If you do go the staff will treat you nice.
We will be going back to Punta Cana in January and will probably stay at the Majestic again
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to write
Bill and Elaine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana