This hotel is a smoker's paradise. We booked this hotel with 2 other families. We were exposed to smoking at the pool, in the entertainment area,at the outdoor dining and beach as well as sitting outside on our terrace. When we were asked to review the hotel the assistant manager happened to be there and I had expressed my concern about a lack of a designated smoking area and that my children were si\ing near adults who lit up cigarettes in the entertainment areas. He could have cared less to my concern. In addition, our entire group had some type of stomach issues. The buffet meals lack quality but rather focuses on quantity. I will say that the meals at the sit down restaurants had decent food with selected menus. However, during the day there is no place to grab a quick snack for the kids after lunch. I would Definitely Not bring a family to this hotel. The entertainment staff during the day is kind, fun and engaging. I had read mixed reviews about this hotel but did not take them seriously. Save your money and go to Turks and Caicos where you will experience the complete opposite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana