The resort is nothing special and we were treated rudely by all the staff over and over again. Every one of them acted like it was a chore to answer questions, take a drink or food order, or any other possible normal assistance a resort guest might ask for or about. And yes, we did tip the staff. After this experience our thoughts were if this is how resort staff treat guests in Punta Cana we won't be back. We have traveled to Cancun several times, Mayan Riviera several times and to Cozumel twice and have always received good, if not very good service. Since this trip in May 2014. we had family members talk us into traveling to Punta Cana again, March 2015. We stayed at the Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa and let me tell you, that staff knows how to treat their guests!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana