This is my 5th all-inclusive resort, and I would describe it as decent/average. My husband and I went down with another couple and we had a great time, but I'm not sure that's a reflection of the hotel per se. We arrived second and when we asked the front desk to locate our friend's room number, they claimed they did not have a reservation for them and they must be staying at a different RIU. So that was a bit of a scare. Turns out they were 2 doors down from us. The hotel grounds are gorgeous. The pools and fountains are beautiful and the buildings definitely have an ornate/palace feel. We didn't notice any musky scent that other reviewers complained of. Our rooms were also very nice and always kept clean (and the fridge was well stocked!). The food was our biggest complaint, although we didn't get to do any of the restaurants to it's probably not a 100% fair assessment. Breakfast and lunch were definitely below average in terms of what other all-inclusives offer. There wasn't one thing we ate in our 4 day stay that we loved... or even liked a lot. We did book several of their restaurants for dinner, but only having 2 seating times made scheduling difficult, and we ultimately abandoned them for other activities. By our last night (after so many terrible lunches) we didn't want to chance RIU with our final meal so we left the resort for a dinner 30 minutes away on the water. There also wasn't a lot of evening activity, and on two occassions we found ourselves wandering over to the other more lively RIU resorts that had music and dancing. Probably wouldn't have been a big deal if they allowed their wristbands to work at their other properties (especially ones "cheaper" than the one we were staying at). We had to order drinks on the sly and keep our wristbands hidden. Ultimately, we had an awesome long weekend, but wouldn't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana