Thinking about other resorts we have stayed at over the years. This one was the bottom of the barrel to us. The lobby was so gaudy looking. The staff was rude, sullen and picked who they wanted to socialize with. The entertainment staff was terrible!!! They even had enough nerve to try and sell us CDs of music-I think it was their side hustle. This is the first resort I stayed at in the DR where the people who were selling things on the beach were allowed to come up to us while we were at our beach chairs! I was going to buy some things during our excursions & shipping trip so I didn't like the same people coming up to me everyday more than once a day asking if I wanted something. This was also the first resort we stayed at where they didn't have pool side lunch. I didn't like having to dry off and put a cover up on & go inside to eat. The drinks were watered downed they couldn't make a mixed drink to save their lives and the night time shows..TERRIABLE it was just a pure waste of time each evening for us to rush to get a good seat & sit and watch them. The only positive I would say is the restaurants were nice our favorite was the Krystal restaurant & breakfast was usually good. Don't stress about dressing up too much other people didn't a couple of times pep even wore jeans in the nice restaurants but my family & I liked dressing for dinner. BUT the beach was nice, weather was awesome, & the rooms were big.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana