I returned yesterday from this resort and when our airline cancelled our plane I fretted that we may have to spend one more night in this resort!!! Our son is in a wheelchair and this resort was hard to get around for us. We had to roam through the kitchens to find the ramps to go downstairs or upstairs and the pool was too slippery to even think about bringing him in. Also did NOT want to even bring him in pool because it was disgusting! Warm and dirty! You would be in water and cups, fruit and straws would float by. It was NOT a place for children or families with the partying and loud music! The good thing was that we could use other Riu resorts! We walked a half mile each day to go to NaiBoa to swim in their pool. It was extremely clean and cooler and much more "kid friendly". My older son and I went into the gym one day and that was too much! It was filthy and broken equipment. Gross that you couldn't even wipe the equipment down after sweating on it! Also my son tried to use the weight and they were rusted and broken! We couldn't keep the air conditioner on in our room because it smelled like mildew! Also we had small bugs in our room! When we asked the front desk about it they handed us a can of bug spray!!! The only thing they have going for them is their staff but it absolutely disgusting that Riu only pays them $10 a day!!! That is the only good thing about the resort! If you go and stay here make sure you schedule a day away and go on the Outback Adventure with Rudy and Caesar!!! The best day there for us! Oh and if you are a coffee drinker don't drink the coffee in café! Go to sports bar!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana