The grounds are beautiful and resort a nice size to get around. Rooms are large and well decorated in comparison to several resorts we've been to. As other reviewers mentioned the rooms are a little damp, especially if the AC is off. I don't really like AC so we kept it off entirely and opened up the patio doors when in. Temperature was fine and I had brought along a room deodorizer so all was well. Certainly nothing to complain about and if you like AC I can't imagine any issues. I had requested a top floor room (we opted for pool view side) but ended up on the first level (actually 2nd floor) in room 1050. Great view of the pool and could see the ocean. It was actually the perfect location and close to beach/pool with only a quick walk up one flight. Far better than the 4th floor would have been! NO sign of bugs in our room other than one or two mosquitos in the evening. The other reviewers weren't kidding when they said noise from the hallway was noticeable. After the first few nights I got used to hearing doors close but it seems to echo down the hall and right under your door. Just as we were used to the noise we unfortunately had a couple from England with a little one who didn't want to sleep and they felt the best place for her was the hallway running and screaming at 3:30 am. Not the resorts fault- rude people are allowed to travel. Pool area was too warm for us so we spent majority of time at the beach- beautiful! Always plenty of chairs and shade whenever needed. Water was rough every day since it is on the ocean side so we didn't attempt any snorkelling. I would worry if we had brought young children with the waves and undertow. Fine for older kids and adults though, and perfect temperature. Not sure if the food or water was to blame but I was deathly sick one day and the majority of our 10 person group was feeling under the weather at least one day each. Food was good and plentiful with a great variety- probably the best at any of the resorts I've visited so far. Any complaints about variety must be used to personal butlers and chefs. We went for a Segway tour one day. It was fun to try. The tour itself was a little different than expected. We stopped at a beach to swim, another place to learn Dominican Rep. history and another swim in freshwater lagoon. Not as much Segway riding time as we were led to believe when booking, but the guides were fun and it was something new to do. Ended up being a good solid trip and I don't imaging you could go wrong booking a stay here. We don't require too much attention- sun, drinks and a clean room at the end of the day. This resort provided that and quite a bit more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana