The airport was amusing, a bit similar to a cattle market, very hot, but got through ok. Didn't check any baggage only did carry on so that may have helped. The HotelBeds transfer was a joke, had to sit in the hot car for an hour at the airport before we even went anywhere.
On arrival at the hotel I was given room 1128 but after an hour of being in it I couldn't cope with the mouldy smell and the mould growing on the wall. I complained to reception who moved me to 0062 with a view towards the pool, this was much better but still a slight funny smell.
I was a wedding guest and only stayed for three days. It was the perfect place to get married, the beach was a wonderful backdrop. The food was good although we were all ill at some point, this has to be expected with tropical places really.
I agree with others the sheets were a little scratchy, and at one point I had seven towels for just me!
Would have liked to have stayed a bit longer, hope to go back some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana