This was my first time visiting an RIU resort and I will say I was not impressed. I think the rooms could use an update and more attention to detail. The sheets seemed overused and rough; extremely uncomfortable after one day in the sun. The floors weren’t very clean and my feet become dirty instantly from walking around the room. The room décor was out of date and did not feel beachy or relaxing to me.
Now in regards to food it was a HUGE disappointment. I have been to a few resorts and I will say this is by far the worst food I have ever experienced at a resort. It tasted worse than my college dorm years. There wasn’t much flavor to any of the food and was hard to find something I liked. I tried many of the restaurants and it was all the same. My boyfriend and I went off the resort to find another place to eat at one night. Highly recommend Hard Rock. Their food was amazing and the resort was more up to date. The 24 hours room service they advertise isn’t more than a few options on a menu with sub-par food such as nachos with cold cheese and a club sandwich with soggy bread and bacon. The 24 hour Sports Bar with snacks is literally a fridge with sandwiches, hot dogs, and make-your-on nachos (which are terrible) that you warm up with a microwave. I was honestly shocked and found myself more and more aggravated with RUI each day.
The coffee/espressos at the resort were delicious and highly recommend. They have a large selection of really good frozen drinks that I enjoyed. They restock your room every day and you will never be short of alcohol. I was disappointed that there were no bottled beers and at most bars only one options of tequila (Jose Cuervo Gold).
The beach is gorgeous with clear water and the softest white sand. The weather was perfect and there were plenty of palm trees for shaded area. Although, I do feel the beach was overcrowded. I went out at 10 a.m. to find a chair and every single chair was taken and there wasn’t much room to even lay a towel.
Overall staff was mostly friendly. The place was not my style. Overall based on my experience I would look for smaller resorts were food is not made for masses of people at a time and the beach isn’t as crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana