This was our second time vacationing at the RIU Palace in Punta Cana. We liked it so much the first time that we decided to go back again. The staff is very pleasant, always smiling and willing to help at any time. There is a little language barrier since they speak primarily Spanish. With a little patience, you can figure it all out. The room was clean with no odors as mentioned by others in previous reviews. I always bring a plug in air freshener just in case. We were surprised to find free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. (even poolside) The first time we were here, Wi-Fi was limited to the lobby. You are allowed 90 minutes of use per day. The swim-up bar is a lot of fun. The lobby bar is nice bar for the evening with no smoking and there is a 24 hour sports bar as well for the night owls, which allows smoking in it. The beach is extremely clean. The buffet has a wide variety of foods bound to satisfy anyone. We went to Steakhouse and Italian restaurants which were good. We walked to the other RIU resorts in the area and felt this one was the best for the money. RIU Macao was just renovated and is an adults only resort. It looked very nice as well, but costs much more to stay at. We will more than likely stay at the RIU Palace again in the future. The resort is starting to show some signs of wear since it is 8 years old, but it is still in good shape considering the use it gets. Don't be afraid of all of the negative reviews. There are many more positives than negatives. You can't always please everyone. Considering the cold winter we've had this year in the Northeast of the USA, this trip was very deserved and relaxing. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana