Once again my award trip was here... even though we just returned from a cruise.
You can't beat the weather and the fine sandy beach, adequate palms for shade, and a large sandy shelf to ease you into the warm waters.
Bring singles to tip. Service quality is great regardless if you tip or not.
I'm on a diet, so I enjoyed the vast selection at the buffets, although our group did specialty dining each night. Both my wife and I feel the food quality is better than the larger cruise ships.
Over the four year period I've stayed here, the property maintenance has kept up; no degradation of food, service, accommodations or physical plant.
Multi cultural clientele - German, Belgian, American & Canadian, Iberian Peninsula, and South American.
Some say Punta Cana has become the new Cancun.
I won't argue with that!
Next time I bring friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana