We stayed at the RIU Palace December 7 - 14 and it was our third time back to Punta Cana. We had stayed at the RIU Taino years ago and at the Melia Caribe about five years ago. We have also stayed in Aruba, Curaco, and St. Maarten at all-inclusives.
We have been cruising a lot since then and were apprehensive about food quality going back to an all- inclusive. The food at the Palace was great. Breakfast and lunches at the buffets was good enough and we were able to go to the specialty restaurants six of the seven nights. The French was our favorite with the Italian the least.
Yes the resort rooms are getting dated. It seemed funny to use keys in the room door and safe lock. I saw other posts about theft so we always kept our safe locked with the key close to us. Our A/C cooled the room OK but near the end of the week we noticed that it wasn’t taking the humidity out of the air so everything seemed to be damp. Did not see any bugs except for the occasional ant.
Hotel staff was friendly and couldn’t do enough to help you. Of course giving small tips goes along way.
Beach and pool were clean and there were always chairs available at the beach. Yes there were some tiles missing on the pool floor but the water and pool area were clean.
We really enjoyed having after dinner drinks in the courtyard at night under the stars watching the show and the people milling around.
All in all we would definitely go back to the Palace again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana