“Riu palace casino” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Kanas City
“Riu palace casino”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Beware the tiny casino off the side of the bar has a game called super keno or super roulette. It is a scam, you will think your going to win because you will get close to the 100 points you need to win the jackpot relatively quickly but you will not win and you will lose a lot of money. I did. I lost $2500 and if I had more I would have lost more...yea, I got sucked in. This hotel knows of this and allows this for that reason I will not ever use a riu again. You may say, well it's your fault, and yes your right but for the hotel to knowingly allowing a game such as this is not right. The food at the hotel is ok but not great for sure. The people and service is great! The diving is poor. If your going anyway, take the atv tour that stops at the beach and where they make cigars and coffee.
Do not gamble in the Dominican Republic it is not regulated and if you think odds are not in your favor in the states, well guess what.
I've always liked Riu hotels but I'm done. They're not ethical and there are many others to choose from.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

2,777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have been to many different Riu resorts and so far I love Riu Palace Punta Cana the best!!!!! They were so welcoming when we first arrived making our stay great from day 1! My husband and I both were thrilled with our stay and we had an amazing time! The food was great, the staff was great, the entertainment was great, the activities were my favorite by far!!! There were so many different sports and games to participate and we met so many wonderful people while doing so.

We spent most of our time on the beach and the beach was exactly what it looks like in picture, white sand and bright blue warm water! The weather is perfect! Another great thing is that you can utilize all the other Riu resorts, which we did!

We normally try to travel to different locations around the Caribbean but we are planning a trip back to Punta Cana because of our experience with Riu. This time we are traveling we a few other couples and would certianly go back to Riu and would reccommend it to anyone.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We've spent our holidays in this hotel in summer 2012. The rooms are beautiful and modern. The staff is really nice and they help you wherever they can. The food was so much better than we expected. So many different things and everything was so good! I think we all gained about 5 kg in 3 weeks. The whole hotel looks very good and is well beeing taken care of. The beach is beautiful and we've spent the whole time there . The pool did also seem to be very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Me and my partner (26&29) stayed two weeks in this hotel. We had seen the reviews and was a little apprehensive about the hotel. When we arrived, check in was smooth and simple and was given a room on the 2nd floor facing the back side of the hotel. It was quiet apart from some noise on the corridor of our room from other people getting to theirs. Slept really well. No bugs, as long as you keep your bug blind closed from the balcony. There was a bit of a smell in the room but after a couple of days you didn't notice it. The air con was good and was so happy for it after been outside in the heat. The bathroom in the hotel was clean, a few tiles missing but apart from that it was a nice big room.
The pool and beach where amazing. Because it was so hot, I went into the pool to get a drink from the pool bar, there was a lot of wasps around there because of the sweet drinks but they dont bother you. There was a few tiles missing in the pool but I didn't care really. The entertainment staff are friendly and cheeky and love to dance and make a fool of themselves. The beach is connected to the pool side. There is shelter from palm trees which is nice. The sea is soooo warm and really nice and clear :)
Me and my partner thought that the food was really nice and didn't get sick from the food at all! All the al le cartes where nice apart from the Japanese. Stay away from that one! We didn't have a problem booking the tables for the a le carte restaurants.
If your looking for a day trip, I would recommend outback safari! It was brilliant. Please see my review for this.
Nothing more to report. Please don't be put off by the bad reviews. It's a nice hotel!!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the back side of the hotel- not a great view but its quiet.
Penzance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just a quick review to say I,ve been here 4 days, and it,s a great hotel. Staff are friendly, rooms are clean, plenty of towels? Plenty choice of food, there's something for everyone if you look. The grounds and the beach are amazing, so don,t be put off anyone!.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful trip! Orlando at the front desk was very helpful the whole time. He let us use his phone to call back home when we found out we had no service. He was great!!! Jean at the sportsbar made the best coffee and made us feel very welcome. Gabriel Garcia at the pool was the best!!! He kept our drinks coming and always showed his killer smile. :) From Joel in the kitchen to Wandy at the pool, the vacation was great!!! Our room was the only problem because it smelled like mildew. We asked to move and they moved us very quickly. The room still had a damp feel to it but we settled on down. I loved every bit of the trip and the place. I will return!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

All in all a great time. Beautiful property. I really have no major complaints and I have traveled to many all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean.
Beach-amazingly beautiful. Never had a problem finding chairs and they raked it daily.
Pool- very nice and never had a hard time finding a chair...although we spent our days on the beach.
Bars- sweet drinks get sickening by the end of the week but the service was great. Rarely had to wait in any lines.
Food- was better than most all inclusive places I have been. We ate mostly in main buffet and there was always very delicious foods that we enjoyed. We do tend to get "buffeted out" by the end of the week, but here again its all inclusive and that is how it always is. Excellent service in this buffet dining room!!!! The wait staff is amazing!!!
Beach towels- We never had any problem getting towels but here again we get a towel in morning and keep it all day, so didn't pay attention to if towels ran out later in the day.
Room- was nice and nicely stocked...MY ONLY NEGATIVE COMMENT about this resort is the beds are VERY HARD!!!!! And not enough pillows and the bed surely could have used another blanket because all that was on it was 3 flat pillows and a sheet and thin bedspread. We asked for extra pillows and they had them in our room in less than 5 minutes. Would be hard to change out all the beds at this resort but seems it would be easy to put double the pillows on the bed to make up for hardness. Just a recommendation.....
Front desk- got all checked in in less than 5 minutes.
I would recommend this place to anyone!!! We met a lot of nice people and the staff is very friendly and does have great nightly entertainment

Room Tip: rooms facing pool are much nicer
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana? Share your experiences!