“Perfect holidays” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Munich, Germany
“Perfect holidays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We've spent our holidays in this hotel in summer 2012. The rooms are beautiful and modern. The staff is really nice and they help you wherever they can. The food was so much better than we expected. So many different things and everything was so good! I think we all gained about 5 kg in 3 weeks. The whole hotel looks very good and is well beeing taken care of. The beach is beautiful and we've spent the whole time there . The pool did also seem to be very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Me and my partner (26&29) stayed two weeks in this hotel. We had seen the reviews and was a little apprehensive about the hotel. When we arrived, check in was smooth and simple and was given a room on the 2nd floor facing the back side of the hotel. It was quiet apart from some noise on the corridor of our room from other people getting to theirs. Slept really well. No bugs, as long as you keep your bug blind closed from the balcony. There was a bit of a smell in the room but after a couple of days you didn't notice it. The air con was good and was so happy for it after been outside in the heat. The bathroom in the hotel was clean, a few tiles missing but apart from that it was a nice big room.
The pool and beach where amazing. Because it was so hot, I went into the pool to get a drink from the pool bar, there was a lot of wasps around there because of the sweet drinks but they dont bother you. There was a few tiles missing in the pool but I didn't care really. The entertainment staff are friendly and cheeky and love to dance and make a fool of themselves. The beach is connected to the pool side. There is shelter from palm trees which is nice. The sea is soooo warm and really nice and clear :)
Me and my partner thought that the food was really nice and didn't get sick from the food at all! All the al le cartes where nice apart from the Japanese. Stay away from that one! We didn't have a problem booking the tables for the a le carte restaurants.
If your looking for a day trip, I would recommend outback safari! It was brilliant. Please see my review for this.
Nothing more to report. Please don't be put off by the bad reviews. It's a nice hotel!!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the back side of the hotel- not a great view but its quiet.
Penzance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just a quick review to say I,ve been here 4 days, and it,s a great hotel. Staff are friendly, rooms are clean, plenty of towels? Plenty choice of food, there's something for everyone if you look. The grounds and the beach are amazing, so don,t be put off anyone!.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful trip! Orlando at the front desk was very helpful the whole time. He let us use his phone to call back home when we found out we had no service. He was great!!! Jean at the sportsbar made the best coffee and made us feel very welcome. Gabriel Garcia at the pool was the best!!! He kept our drinks coming and always showed his killer smile. :) From Joel in the kitchen to Wandy at the pool, the vacation was great!!! Our room was the only problem because it smelled like mildew. We asked to move and they moved us very quickly. The room still had a damp feel to it but we settled on down. I loved every bit of the trip and the place. I will return!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

All in all a great time. Beautiful property. I really have no major complaints and I have traveled to many all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean.
Beach-amazingly beautiful. Never had a problem finding chairs and they raked it daily.
Pool- very nice and never had a hard time finding a chair...although we spent our days on the beach.
Bars- sweet drinks get sickening by the end of the week but the service was great. Rarely had to wait in any lines.
Food- was better than most all inclusive places I have been. We ate mostly in main buffet and there was always very delicious foods that we enjoyed. We do tend to get "buffeted out" by the end of the week, but here again its all inclusive and that is how it always is. Excellent service in this buffet dining room!!!! The wait staff is amazing!!!
Beach towels- We never had any problem getting towels but here again we get a towel in morning and keep it all day, so didn't pay attention to if towels ran out later in the day.
Room- was nice and nicely stocked...MY ONLY NEGATIVE COMMENT about this resort is the beds are VERY HARD!!!!! And not enough pillows and the bed surely could have used another blanket because all that was on it was 3 flat pillows and a sheet and thin bedspread. We asked for extra pillows and they had them in our room in less than 5 minutes. Would be hard to change out all the beds at this resort but seems it would be easy to put double the pillows on the bed to make up for hardness. Just a recommendation.....
Front desk- got all checked in in less than 5 minutes.
I would recommend this place to anyone!!! We met a lot of nice people and the staff is very friendly and does have great nightly entertainment

Room Tip: rooms facing pool are much nicer
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Arrived at Riu Palace, Punta Cana on 12 October 2013. What a great place. Beautiful hotel in a beautiful setting. After reading some of the reviews before going I was a little worried about smelly rooms, poor food etc and was delighted to find that these were a load of rubbish. I went armed with air freshners just in case but these i am happy to say were not required. Yes the food get a little repetative but even I as a very fussy eater could usually find something to eat. I have to say that of all the many hotels that I have stayed at all over the world the staff at this hotel are second to none. Always helpful, happy and polite. The entertainment team were also the best I have come across and such hard workers. The beach was lovely as was the ocean. The Palma shopping village I did find a bit expensive but then no one forces you to but from there. What else can I say. Best hotel with the best staff I have ever had the pleasure to visit.

Room Tip: We were in room 3031 which had a back view of part of gardens and part of the hotel next door. next...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Santo Domingo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We have planned our vacation for months since we were meeting another couple from outside of the country, but we are locals and we booked thru a local travel agency; the girl at the travel agency apparently did her job, since we brought the reservation ourselves and it mentioned, "honeymoon" and VIP customer for the agency.
First of all we got the worst room first floor, lots of noise from all the AC's of the building and smelly like this room wasn't opened for a very long time, room was also very dirty and full with Mosquitos.
Then at check in we were told that we must reserve at the restaurant the same day of the dinner but at 10 am, we were there at 9:55am and it was supposedly full, but the party behind us got their tables... (Second time feeling discriminated)... The same morning I request to be changed to a different room since I could not sleep with the noise, they told me Togo back by 2pm to get my room and by then I still had no new room.
Then while fighting for a better room my husband found an ANGEL! Nelson Mayobanex, the front desk manager, who races bikes with him and he helped us, we then got the best hotel room, right in front of the sea and he switched our bands to VIP bands and then we received another treatment.
It's a shame the we decide to spend our money on our own hotels and we are then discriminated.
To me this angel should be the hotel manager since he DOES have customer service skills!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana? Share your experiences!