“moaning people” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
chester
“moaning people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

partner myself and another couple stayed here in nov last year we where supposed to go to the one nxt door but we got upgraded at no xtra cost bcause of building work going to start.i couldn't believe it,it was wonderful,palace by name and palace by nature.stunning you could of ate your food of the floor it was that clean,everything and everywhere about it,there was nothing wrong with the food or the other places to eat,people from the other hotels along the beach where coming along to ours specially through the day because they said was more lively,ideal for weddings saw 4 the 2wks we where there.the 24hr sports bar was quite fun and the guy that works there his name is elvis,he is a must,so friendly polite and clean everything and every1.my sister goes to ocean blue and sands bout 1hr and half away and we had people from there coming down to us . I would recommend this palace,but go as a couple or couple,very few children there.

Room Tip: anyroom will suit.but if you can get one looking down on to the seating area or pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had been at this hotel for a week with our family me my wife and two kids. We stood in one room room quite roomy and has a sofa bed which was quite useful. Free wi-fi was also a plus. Anyway hotel left a good impression. It big, roomy we did not need to struggle for beach spots or room at the pool. Beach is just perfect lots of palm trees, very wide and clean. This hotel won't make you to walk a lot to the beach restaurant or pool as some Punta Cana hotels do. Where you would need to take a golf cart to reach a beach or restaurant. Pool is quite big actually two pools so you can choose what fit you best. Intertaiment very good especially on Sartuday and Sunday nights. Food was good but only if you go to the buffet it was fresh good variety nice. If someone expecting and complaining that restaurants at the all inclusive hotel which cost roughly $100-120 a day per person which include food, drinks, room etc. would run a manhattan five star restaurant are quite wrong. Personally for me the main indicator of good food at this kind of resorts is buffet. I am not expecting that their sushi place some how match sushi place that I visiting in NY it just would not happen unless someone willing to shell out hefty sums. Anyway buffet at Riu was good
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking good time and fun

Room Tip: Try to Lowell level if you don't want to deal with slow elevator
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

It has been said before, the food is subpar. It is now a week after my trip and I am still sick to my stomach and having constant diarrhea. I am thought to have giariasis. Of note, I did not use the tap water to brush my teeth but may have swallowed some in the shower.
That being said, 6 of us went for my best friend's bday. Had a BLAST! Spent time on the beautiful beach, at the pool, and did the snorkeling adventure recommended by Apple vacations. Couldn't have had a better time. Never had a problem with the front desk, making reservations, room service, etc. room was on third floor and saw no bugs ever. Grounds are beautiful; they are always cleaning!!
Would return regardless of how sick I am!!

• Stayed July 2013
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

First we arrived at 1:00 am after 14 hours of flying and hanging out in airports, and in the lobby we received the news that we did not have a room. The first hour the guy was not giving us any options, he panicked and he wasn't very helpful. Then he wanted to send us to another hotel. We complaint and after 3 hours they finally gave us a room, but obviously it wasn't the suite for which we paid. Other three families had the same issue as us. I felt very sorry for them because they were traveling with kids and imagine to be arguing with the reception guy for more than 3 hours. We were disappointed with the customer service in the reception. The hotel is beautiful, the beach is amazing but unfortunately I can not say the same thing with the customer service at the reception, the cleanliness in the buffet section and the room. I was ready to order an omelet in the restaurant Don Manuel, which is the buffet restaurant, but a lady in front of the line pointed at something coming outside from the set of plates that are "clean" and ready to be used by the guests. Then I saw two cockroaches coming from the inside of this set of plates, in front of all the food. This was really disgusting. One person behind me start singing the Mexican song "La cucaracha" (which was funny and sarcastic), and the waitresses just look at each other and they were like they did not care at all. They were just complaining that they need to fumigate, but they did not kill the cockroaches. The cockroaches went back from where they came out. The room was clean but you will also have some infestation of ants and of tinny spiders. In fact i brought some in my luggage, I guess as a souvenir. :( This hotel is beautiful but has some management problems. And YES is ALL INCLUSIVE, so don't be surprise if your food includes some of this little friends... Hahaha...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I just returned from Punta Cana 3 days ago. My group of approx. 30 people were there for 5 days and 4 nights. On a positive note, the staff was very friendly, and the beach was nice and relaxing. The negatives started upon arrival to our room 0053 (garden level). We noticed our bathroom was infested with ants. We could not unpack our toiletries because they were crawling all over the sinks, shower area, walls, and towels. The entire room and everything in it was damp and smelled like mildew. The most uncomfortable thing of all in the room was the damp bed linens. Bath towels were scarce. The cleaning crew never came to clean the room until after 3pm. The food was mediocre and unsanitary. Several people in my group including myself became sick. I had abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea for the last three days of the vacation, and still don't feel quite like myself as of yet. The shopping area and gift shop was ridiculously over priced. I was forced to pay $15.00 for a box of imodium.

Room Tip: Avoid garden level rooms. Bring snacks and nausea and diarrhea medications.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The resort itself is beautiful and staff members were always cleaning something. The pool area with swim up bar is very nice as well. Beach area is gorgeous, probably my most favorite of the caribbean islands. The food left something to be desired. The presentation of the good was actually very nice and there was lots of it, but quality wise...not great. Everything tasted the same, over cooked, bland, etc.

The room was nice, however they need a better air conditioning system. Room was constantly "wet" making it smell very musty and nothing ever dried. In fact everything got wet in the room. Our swim wear never dried, paper work (plane tickets, etc) that I had in the room began to degrade from the humidity.

Overall, the staff were pretty good. Some excellent, some less. I think the resort has lots of potential, especially if they improve the food.

miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Service excellente but be-arefull with personal items left in the rooms. I was in Riu Palace Punta Cana alog with my family and some of my daughter's clothes were stolen from my room. We were from July 15th to July 23th in room 2103 so if someone of the staff read my message please pay attention of who you hire to work in this kind of resort. I did not claim anything because I did not want to put in bad situation the cleaning lady but I realize they need to do something to avoid this matter again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana? Share your experiences!