I stayed at the Riu Palace May 28th - June 4th, 2013 with 6 of my girlfriends. I know long reviews are tiresome to read, so here is the good and the bad of the Resort.
1. Resort was beautiful. Loved the landscaping, layout, beach and pools.
2. Drinks were great, depending on where you got them from. Pool bar, not so good. Bar area's, much better.
3. We loved the La Plaza area at night. Sitting outside listening to music, having drinks.
4. We loved the Dining Staff!
5. Beach Volleyball. We played just about every day and met great people who would join in and want to play as well.
1. You had no idea what was going on at the Resort most of the time. You had to figure this out yourself. The Front Desk should have a quick orientation on what is going on each day and night and where to go to find this informaiton.
2. Themed Restaurants. We did 3 out of the 6, and only liked 1. The problem with the themed restaurants is that reservations are either at 6:30pm or 8:00pm. So you are either leaving the beaches and pools early to get ready for an early dinner, or eating very late. We gave up and just ate at the Buffet after this.
3. Buffet food not labeled most of the time and you would guess at what you were getting. Variety of itmes not too great.
4. Wi - Fi. Ha, ha, ha, ha. Good luck with that one!
5. On our last day, we had a Cockroach in our Room. Gross, gross, gross! My Girlfriends noted that they had found them in their room as well along our stay. I am thankful that ours didn't show up until our last day, or I wouldn't have been able to sleep!
We would absolutely travel to Punta Cana again, but I think we would pick a different Resort for our next visit. For our first stay, for the price, we were overall pleased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Despegar.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana