This is a very beautiful property. Great beach. The first day we (group of eight) ate at the steakhouse buffet for lunch when we arrived. The food did not look but after a muggy day had to have something. I started feeling sick to my stomach within 1 day of eating the food there and I am still suffering the effects. Lab test done last week was positive for E.Coli 0157:H7 !! I don't eat beef so that wasn't the cause. Do not eat at the restaurant closest to the beach & pools. The main buffet and Japanese restaurant were much better. Now I have to have my kidney function monitored. It's hard to enjoy a vacation when you are running to the bathroom and doubled over with stomach pain. Visit a doctor ASAP if you start to feel sick here.
Casino was a joke. Spa services were rushed.. (visit dates 6/13/13-6/17/13)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana