We booked 7 nights in this resort, after reading all the previous reviews we weren't expecting any luxury, just wanted to relax and enjoy our first trip to the Caribbean.
First impression was wow! Reception has a beautiful deco that makes you feel that you're in a palace. While checking in we were offered a non alcoholic drink by a waitress, that made us feel welcomed.
Our room was on the second floor facing other resort, not a big deal, we weren't going to spend time in the balcony. It's true about the musty smell in the rooms, but it's nothing that would kill you. Rooms are big, we are not into spirits but you can tell that the bottles of the mini bar are refilled. The only beer available is the local one (presidente), but the shops in the resort have corona and Heineken for sale.
Make sure you put the sign "do not disturb" on the door unless you want a housekeeper knocking on your door at 9am!
After 6pm another housekeeper will knock asking if you need extra towels ( during our stay we had 6 big towels and we were only 2!) which is good.
Spanish is the official language in Dominican Republic, so don't expect to have 90% of tv channels in English. Some reviewers just like to complain about those small things.
Buffet food was good, it has a big selection, if you don't like anything from there then you're a fussy eater or should book your holidays in a super luxurious resort.
We tried a few restaurants, skip the Brazilian one, waste of time. The Steakhouse was our favourite, meat was cooked to perfection and the seafood starter was delicious.
The beach is beautiful, clean and water was warm. We never had any problem finding a spot, same around the swimming pool.
Entertainment was good, aerobics at the swimming pool was fun.
Our flight was at 7pm so we checked out before 12pm but we were allowed to out our bags in the luggage room and we enjoyed the afternoon in the swimming pool after having lunch.
In case you get a slightly diarrea, you can get Imodium in one of the shops in the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana