I booked a trip to punta cana with delta vacations at the riu palace from 5/19/13 to 5/25/13 this was supposed to be a special trip 11 of us went three friends graduated grad school so they really wanted to celebrate where do i start this vacation was terrible from the start when we arrived at THE RIU PALACE the rooms weren't ready and im used to the riu palace smelling a little weird because ive stayed at the palace in Cancun as well as Jamaica but this smell was terrible it smelled like dirty old wet mop we didn't have clean towels for two days they never changed the sheets i even put makeup on the sheets and they still didn't change them don't even get me started on the bed bugs ....... we had a plate of old chicken bones in the fridge so ants wont get to it and when they came to stock the fridge they didn't even move the plate they left it there for two days the bartenders kept making the wrong drinks know one there could speak English they served the same food everyday for breakfast,lunch and dinner and the food was GROSS they kept making watery eggs the breakfast was so bad that i stood behind the stove moved the chef out of the way and started making omelets for me and my friends as well as other guest oh and did i mention we all got food poisoning after the fourth night our meals consisted of french fries and nacho cheese that's all the 11 of us eat for the remainder of the vacation after we were sick the hotel charged us for coconuts which i didn't understand in Jamaica they gave them to us for free then when we went to the casino they charged us for jose cuervo and were rude as hell we tried to order room service and they kept hanging up on us it took all week to get a avocado and i had to beg for it the restaurants are terrible and three of my friends shared a room and got Eaten alive by BEDBUGS they would not change the room either the staff really didn't care ....,the delta agent thats suppose to have our transfers taking care of had it all screwed up they need to burn down the riu palace punta cana and start all over again all in all if i could get my money back from this trip i would i was embarrassed because it was my trip and these were my friends and we did not enjoy our selves we suffered..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana