After a rocky start. (The President decided to go into and out of Ohare on a Friday the busiest travel day of the week which shut Ohare down and backed several flights up for several hours - Think Mr. President) After a sprint we made it 2 terminals away to JUST catch our flight to Dulles. The next morning we made our flight to PC, but because we just made our flight to Dulles, our baggage did not arrive with us. We saw that there was a flight out of Chicago to PC on Saturday morning and hpoed that is how United would get us our baggage which we would have seen later on Saturday afternoon. However they had our luggage follow us so we did not see it until Sunday afternoon.
The Resort was all we expected it to be and because I had suprised my wife with a suite upgrade it was more. The beach was fantastic and we walked several miles each way each day. My wife was intrigued by the ship wreck of the Ashton just off the coast. The food was good at each of the specialty restaraunts as well as the buffets. The beverages were typical of an all
inclusive and the beer "El Presidente" was OK at best. We loved our room but could have used clean towels etc. a little more often. The room service menu left a lot to be desired. I believe there were 3 options for each meal. We like to have a breakfast in our room a couple times each vacation but because of the limited menu we decided not to partake this time around.
My wife and I are not super picky when it comes to travel and kind of go with the flow. So there is nothing that would really stand out as dissapointing.
I also want to give a special shout out to our United Vacations Host Freddie while were in PC for his assistance with our luggage and the microwave popcorn he brought for my wife from home one of the days we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana