We stayed at the Riu Palace Punta Cana in June 2012 when we were upgraded from a nearby hotel because of construction work and had an AMAZING holiday. This was only my second all inclusive holiday (my boyfriend has been on plenty) and we both rated this holiday as unforgettable. The hotel, the weather, the facilities and the staff are second to none. Wait staff and barmen are friendly and approachable and dont feel the need to hint that you should be tipping them - they know that their hard-working friendly vibe will earn them all the tips they could possibly want.
Our best bits (no particular order):
1) The restaurants (avoid the Steakhouse mind - we creased up at grown men having to roll up their sleeves to cut into the steak)
2) Pool bar (Pina Coladas are so drinkable- dont drink too many mind (!!) and beach environment
3) Mostly inclusive beach watersports
4) Day excursions
All round, an amazing holiday. Book it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Otel, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana