Went Feb 22nd Thru March 1st 2013. Nice place, food is "JUST OK" as others have said. Water (78 degrees via temp gun) and beach are excellent with miles of beach to walk and shopping at the huts on the east end of the beach...haggle with them on price, it's fun. Visit the other properties the RIU has to offer, but if you eat there the food is the exact same thing as your getting at the Palace. Entertainment is very good, they work long hours and have alot of energy. Bartenders at the pool are VERY busy, but could be more freindly. Rest of the staff are freindly and nice. The people there like to play the towel game with the pool/beach chairs. The only thing I didn't care for was that they use the shower water for watering the bushes and grass in the center area of the resort until the ground is saturated, and if you have an RV or septic sytem at home you definitely know that smell. A few hours later the smell is gone. I don't think they have anywhere to go with the GREY water on the island at this point in time. Our freinds got married in the gazebo at the beach which turned out real nice. They are real accommodating and the wedding dinner we had was very good. We did the swimming with the stingrays and sharks which was fun. We also went to the museum/mall (very small)in town, which was something to do. Rooms are not smoke-free, we are not smokers, so our room had a LIGHT SMELL of cigarettes, which we didn't notice (or got use to) by the second day. Katie was our Apple Vacations representative, she is awesome and very upfront with you with what you need to know. Mama Juana is hit and miss, so if you find that you like it, stick with that bar for it.(we only had one bar it wasn't good at) All in all we had a good experience there. Use the room safe, it's free. We bought small TSA approved locks from Target $6ea. for our suitcases, because we didn't want to become a victim. Although 3 cheap plastic combs left in the bathroom managed to dissapear...one a day...weird. I just laughed and told the wife you'll probably find them in your suitcase when you get home...but she didn't. If you get a good price go fo it, the weather is great. It's as much fun as YOU make it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana