I'm going to start by saying that the general staff here are very nice, sweet and accomidating. The managment on the other hand, is horrible. Do not book here unless you want to worry about getting a room or moved to a worse hotel. We booked a trip through the Riu website, we arrive at the Riu with friends, we are told that we were moved to the cheaper Riu Naiboa without any forewarning. We begged and pleaded with the hotel manager to let us stay with our friends. He said there was nothing he could do, the Riu overbooked, maybe we could call the head office in Mexico (WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!) and just stared at us with a dumb look on his face. To top it all off, there were about 5 other couples the Riu did this to all the while we were fighting with the manager at the counter. We finally complied, and went to the Naiboa, found out the rooms were half the size and they gave us a room with an ant infestation. There are plenty of other resorts in Punta Cana, go somewhere else than Riu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Despegar.com, Expedia, Priceline, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana