This hotel was chosen for us by a friend getting married on location.
So, we didn't have a say. We looked at the countless reviews on Tripadvisor and became very anxious before leaving. We went there nervous about what we would find. Here's what we found. Check in was extremely easy. Some people complained about the size of the room keys?? You receive one key and yes it is on a large key ring but takes a whole 3 seconds to separate the two and then the key will fit in small spaces. Our room was on the top floor. We had a great view of the inland. It was quiet at night and throughout the day. Our house keeper had our room cleaned between 9 and 11 every morning and always made a beautiful towel animal to greet us. You need something extra just call room service…no problem. Each night in the plaza there is live music followed by a show on the stage. I found the shows entertaining...Broadway quality, no, but I wasn't going there for a show. The beach is unbelievable. Every morning the crew is out there clearing away any trash or debris. The water was amazing. The many palm trees along the beach provide great natural shade. The grounds are absolutely stunning and you can watch them trim the hedges with machetes! Such a quiet way to maintain the grounds and eco friendly. Some people talk about tips. We tipped for sure. These workers live on grounds for several days at a time and make only $150 a month. So when Joel and Juan Carlos at Don Manuel’s buffet pulled out our chairs, refilled our drinks and struck up conversation they were tipped. In the states we tip on how much the bill was so why not tip on how the service was. The service was fantastic to say the least! On the beach there are the drinkie drinkie guys that bring drinks around. Some people complained about the quality of alcohol. The lobby bar and stage bar had good quality alcohol. So not a big deal. Quality of food. We always found something to eat. There were about 40 people there for the wedding and NO ONE got sick! The wedding was absolutely beautiful. The bride was extremely impressed with the photographers and the quality of their work. The reception was gorgeous and the DJs were ten times better than any wedding I’ve been to in the states. We found ourselves saying time and time again how romantic the hotel was. People complained of a musty smell..Never smelled it. We did pack Bounce fabric softner sheets in our suitcases but still didn’t smell anything in the rooms. Overall we had an amazing week and walked away completely satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana