We just returned from a week long stay at the RIU PALACE PUNTA CANA. We enjoyed every minute of our trip. We are three couples that take a trip every winter. We never stay at the same place twice so we look forward to each resort we go to. Tidbits on our trip.
Check in - we were met at the door with open arms and given drinks and gifts. We were checked in in less than 10 minutes. Erik was very through with everything. Our rooms were located on the main floor - facing the neighboring property. We were ok with that. It was a clean and quiet property.
Rooms - we're clean and stayed that way throughout the week. We did see a bug or two, but they scurried away when spotting movement. We did have a problem with our toilet the first night. It took 3 calls to the front desk and me going down to the front desk to ask again for someone to come and look at it. Maid service was very good -rooms were made up early everyday. You can get free wifi in the rooms, just ask the front desk for a login. Sure beats having to go to the lobby to check in at home.
Food- we ate at the steakhouse, the brazil, the italian, and the gourmet restaurants. We were not impressed with the steakhouse or the Italian restaurants. The brazil restaurant was our favorite. You have to like meat to eat there. Service at all three was excellent. We at at the buffet our first night there. It was very good. I wished there would have been a outdoor BBQ for lunch instead of having to go into the buffets, but we survived. Breakfast was the normal breakfast fare. Wished there would have have been some sausage or ham on the lines - but the bacon was good.
Entertainment - nightly entertainment was not very good. We have been to other Riu's and enjoyed the entertainment better.
Pool service - drinks were available all the time. Leo the lion came around and keep our cups full. Nice guy. Best of luck in the future.
Beach - Punta Cana has the best beaches we have ever been to. Sand is like walking on flour. There are plenty of waves that can roll you over, but that's the fun of it all. There is always a breeze to stay cool in the 90 degree temps.
We walked about a mile and a half down the beach to a flea market style shops for things to bring back home. Don't pay full price for anything there, work them down on the price. That's what they live for.
We checked out the other RIU resorts next to the palace punta Cana. They were all very nice,but the palace has the most ambiance. Very elegant.
We enjoyed every minute of our trip and look forward to next year. COSTA RICA maybe? Ay suggestions on where to stay?
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TIG Global, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.