We spent Thanksgiving at Riu. The check in was disorganized and we were put in a room next to maids office and supposed to have forest view, which really was a parking lot with construction going on. After twice requesting new room and being told to come back the next morning, we took our bags to the front and spoke to the manager who moved us immediately. The room was clean and modern. The wait staff at the restaurants were very friendly. I found the buffet food to be the best with a nice selection. The pool was nice and big but the tiles are coming off throughout which needs to be addressed. Beach was nice and clean but not enough chairs, recommend getting up early to grab one before they are gone.
This particular hotel is great for kids and if you like kids. If not go to the Riu next door, its adults only and is really nice and updated. If we go back we will stay at that one for sure.
Overall for the price it was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana