Visit 27 Nov. thru 4 Dec. 2012. My wife and I booked a week at this Riu resort thru Vacations to Go to celebrate our 44th. The hotel was a 35 min. drive from the airport. It is a beautiful hotel where check in was fast. We received a 1st floor room that overlooked the pool and ocean. We had a king size bed with a full frig of mixes and 4 full bottles of rum, vodka, gin, and scotch. Room and room service was excellent along with the hotel staff who were very friendly and helpful. Food was excellent in all the specialty restaurants, but did not visit the Japanese. The buffet was excellent with hundreds of selections. If you have a sweet tooth you will enjoy the buffet. Lots of beach chairs available, but get there before 9 am. There are signs that say "no saving chairs", but since most of the people come from different countries they ignore them. We had gone out at 8 in the morning and found dozens of chairs covered with a towel and the people don't show up for hours. If you are a diver the cost is $118 for 2 morning dives, if they provide all gear, and $98 if you have your own. I was offered a six dive package for $265 over 3 days but did not have the time. Water temp was great mid 80's and visibility was about 100+. Will return to other Riu's in the future. Tipped some waiters as suggested in a previous review and got great service, especially from a waiter named Leo who offered us drinks about every 10 minutes, not that we accepted all the time. A free trip to a "shopping center" may be offered. Its about a 25 min. drive, save your time, its not worth it. There are about a dozen shops on the property where you can get most gifts for friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Arena Gorda Beach in Punta Cana * Inside the Riu Resort, along with the Riu Palace Macao, Riu Taino, Riu Naiboa hotels and the ClubHotel Riu Bambu * 4-story building * Surrounded by 63,000 m2 / 75,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 50 km / 31 miles from Hig??Ey * 30 km / 19 miles from Punta Cana Int???L. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Riu Palace
- Riu Palace Hotel Punta Cana